Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Why why why in the world would Honda downgrade their premium 451 watt 10 speaker amp with sub woofer to a 150 watt 8 speaker stereo ???? It’s beyond me ….in the accord sport 2.0 T
I personally prefer Honda put value elsewhere in the car than the sound system.

·
Turbo lag
2,342 Posts
With all the new technology and hardware in cars nowadays, the cost saving has to come from somewhere. Especially considering that car prices has been rising slightly slower than inflation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2010 lase-level Acura TSX 7 speaker system and my 2001 Acura CL base level with Bose system sounded way better than my 2021 Accord EXL 10 speaker system.
The Bose system in mt CL was great, The TSX system was a bit of a dissapointment comared to the Bose in the CL but still far better than the 10 speaker in my 21 Accord EXL. The only reason I didn't buy a new TLX was because there was no room in it. I. don't know why they couldn't just make a longer version of the TSX

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My 2010 lase-level Acura TSX 7 speaker system and my 2001 Acura CL base level with Bose system sounded way better than my 2021 Accord EXL 10 speaker system.
The Bose system in mt CL was great, The TSX system was a bit of a dissapointment comared to the Bose in the CL but still far better than the 10 speaker in my 21 Accord EXL. The only reason I didn't buy a new TLX was because there was no room in it. I. don't know why they couldn't just make a longer version of the TSX
The sound system in the 2022 accord sport is a joke….Honda really screwed up on this one . Ridiculous for a $34000 car ! It just plain sucks…..sounds like AM radio

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The sound system in the 2022 accord sport is a joke….Honda really screwed up on this one . Ridiculous for a $34000 car ! It just plain sucks…..sounds like AM radio
No, it's not ridiculous in a $34,000 car. Honda offers lots of different trim levels and engine choices. Depending on what you select, you'll get different options. Honda offers a better sound system in a cheaper trim- EXL, for example... you just won't get the 2.0t engine.

If you want everything, then you'll need to pony up the money for a Touring. The 2.0t Sport isn't a top-trim level that's going to get all of the features that Honda offers. For that price, you get the engine and a whole bunch of other stuff that Honda adds in when you upgrade to the 2.0t engine option... they just didn't upgrade the stereo.

Toyota doesn't give you a decent audio system at that price point either when you opt for the V6 (TRD V6). If you want a better audio system in the Camry when opting for the V6... you either need to pay an extra $1600 to get an option package- which pushes the price to nearly $36,000... or you can opt for the XSE V6... which comes in at about the price of an Accord Touring considering that almost all of them are shipped from the factory with options... in reality it's pretty darn difficult to even get your hands on a Camry with the V6 right now.

The 2.0t Sport is mostly about the 2.0t engine... although you get a bunch of nice features in that trim level that you don't get when you opt for the 1.5t Sport. Honda would be happy to sell you an EXL that comes with their 'premium' stereo along with heated leather, memory seats, and a bunch of other nice stuff for the same price as a 2.0t Sport... you just don't get that nice 2.0t engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No, it's not ridiculous in a $34,000 car. Honda offers lots of different trim levels and engine choices. Depending on what you select, you'll get different options. Honda offers a better sound system in a cheaper trim- EXL, for example... you just won't get the 2.0t engine.

If you want everything, then you'll need to pony up the money for a Touring. The 2.0t Sport isn't a top-trim level that's going to get all of the features that Honda offers. For that price, you get the engine and a whole bunch of other stuff that Honda adds in when you upgrade to the 2.0t engine option... they just didn't upgrade the stereo.

Toyota doesn't give you a decent audio system at that price point either when you opt for the V6 (TRD V6). If you want a better audio system in the Camry when opting for the V6... you either need to pay an extra $1600 to get an option package- which pushes the price to nearly $36,000... or you can opt for the XSE V6... which comes in at about the price of an Accord Touring considering that almost all of them are shipped from the factory with options... in reality it's pretty darn difficult to even get your hands on a Camry with the V6 right now.

The 2.0t Sport is mostly about the 2.0t engine... although you get a bunch of nice features in that trim level that you don't get when you opt for the 1.5t Sport. Honda would be happy to sell you an EXL that comes with their 'premium' stereo along with heated leather, memory seats, and a bunch of other nice stuff for the same price as a 2.0t Sport... you just don't get that nice 2.0t engine.
You’re a Honda salesman right ?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,408 Posts
Are we really comparing a 2021 Honda Accord EX-L 1.5T that, including destination and handling, has an MSRP of $32,305 to a 2010 Acura TSX which had an MSRP of $29,310 + destination and handling? Adjusted for inflation, that's almost $40,000 today.

That 2001 Acura CL? Its MSRP of $27,980 + destination and handing in 2001 would be almost $47,000 today.

Where do you think that extra money went?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You’re a Honda salesman right ?
I see that you are a recent addition to Drive Accord.... welcome! I think that if you browse around a bit, you'll find that many of my posts would indicate that I'm not a Honda salesman. Honda deserves kudos for lots of things... and they deserve criticism for lots of things.

I applaud the things they do well- like offering a wide selection of trim options- but I've also done my fair share of criticizing. I just unloaded my 2021 Accord Touring because I wasn't happy with it- and went across the street and bought something from the Toyota store... so no, I'm not a Honda salesman... lol.

·
More cars, more problems
397 Posts
You shut your mouth with your fancy Canadian model! 😝
Sorry, I'm just so chuffed that (for once) Canada gets a decent model. Historically our cars are generally more expensive for nothing.

That being said, yeah, the 10-speaker system is underwhelming and I honestly would've preferred the 5-speaker one since it'd be far easier to modify (way cheaper to DSP 5 channels than 10).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts