Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, I just bought my '11 accord SE yesterday. the sound right now is just not good enough. I am looking for some advice on speakers, subs, amp. I would like to keep the head unit and stay around 500 if possible. any advice is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need some basics too.

Thanks in advance to whoever has time/info.

1. Firewall power wire location
2. High-pass speaker wire color/pins/location for front LOC
3. Does LX/SE 170 watt sound system use any external amps, or is wiring out of the head unit the high power to speakers?

·
Registered
93 Posts
hi guys, I just bought my '11 accord SE yesterday. the sound right now is just not good enough. I am looking for some advice on speakers, subs, amp. I would like to keep the head unit and stay around 500 if possible. any advice is appreciated. thanks
Congrats on the new ride! I can't help you out here as I'm new to the whole thing as well but you can idea of what's good and what's not by reading through these threads.

Thanks in advance to whoever has time/info.
3. Does LX/SE 170 watt sound system use any external amps, or is wiring out of the head unit the high power to speakers?
I believe there is no external amp. Does that model have the sub? Does anyone know how much power is driven to that sub? I rarely see the difference in the low frequencies b/w my 7th gen stock and the 8th gen "premium". :dunno:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Read my post here..

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54435

Their might some items there you like. Minus the rear speakers cause the rears I believe are 6.5. In which you should get these, if on a budget. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Reference-6032si-Performance-Loudspeaker/dp/B002C8AFEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291821795&sr=8-1

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'll start off replacing the speakers then add an infinity basslink for a little bass. I'm not looking for a lot of bass, I think that should do it. Anyone here have exp w basslink? What's the best speakers I can get for my bugget?thanks

·
Registered
926 Posts
I think I'll start off replacing the speakers then add an infinity basslink for a little bass. I'm not looking for a lot of bass, I think that should do it. Anyone here have exp w basslink? What's the best speakers I can get for my bugget?thanks
What was the purpose of this topic if you already had your mind made up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What was the purpose of this topic if you already had your mind made up?
the purpose of this is to get some helpful advice like yours :thmsup:. while I was waiting for your reply I did some research and found basslink but no idea for speakers yet. what was the purpose of your reply??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts