Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
y.....no sound is coming out of my speakers anymore.....the the stock head unit seems to be operating fine the cd plays, radio, etc but theres no sound coming from the speakers. they were working fine then i turned the car off to go into the grocery store came out turned the car on and nothing no sound.....any one what could be the problem?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Possibly blew the fuse for the amp? Check the owners manual to find which fuse goes to the amp. If thats the problem, you've likely still got another issue. What caused the fuse to blow in the first place.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt think the ex sedan had an amp.....i put new speakers in three wks ago and everythings been fine so idk what else it could be

·
Registered
570 Posts
According to College Hills Honda parts, it does. If you recently replaced speakers, that could be the problem. Something may now be grounding out and blowing the amp fuse, or you may have toasted the amp itself. Check fuses first, then go back over any wiring you messed with while changing speakers. My guess is the issue is there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
y.....no sound is coming out of my speakers anymore.....the the stock head unit seems to be operating fine the cd plays, radio, etc but theres no sound coming from the speakers. they were working fine then i turned the car off to go into the grocery store came out turned the car on and nothing no sound.....any one what could be the problem?
Did you get your problem fixed.........Same thing here.......In the morning I had audio and this evening no audio. Radio, Xm and etc. come on but no audio. Checked fuse to the amp, and its good. Wired thing is that I get Voice volume from the navigation.

If you would let me know what your problem was maybe I can save a day at the dealer and make it half a day.

·
Registered
851 Posts
try switching back to stock speakers, see if they work, if they do then the speakers you ordered may not be getting enough power for some odd reason. (logiclly doesnt make sense cause they worked before)
if anything bring it to the dealer with stock speakers or they will say its voided in warranty repair and they will charge the shit out of you in checking it

·
8th Gen Audio Expert
1,713 Posts
Ok that makes no sense at all.. the Navi interface works in correllation with the audio system,.... Speakers would have nothing to do with it.. All that would do is knock the sound out of phase ( sound hollow) This seriously sounds like its a component issue with the head deck.. Seems odd that this is happening to 2 people at the exact same time.. I have doven into my system in major ways beyond anything normal and Ive never heard this one.. Sounds like there is a head unit issue... Go to the dealer and have it checked...
Footnote

on nav units you can run a dignostic on the system by holding in the 3 main buttoms cancel menu and map hold all 3 in for about 5 seconds and it will go to diagnostic mode.... Run them diags are your friend!
Let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
74 Posts
try switching back to stock speakers, see if they work, if they do then the speakers you ordered may not be getting enough power for some odd reason. (logiclly doesnt make sense cause they worked before)
if anything bring it to the dealer with stock speakers or they will say its voided in warranty repair and they will charge the shit out of you in checking it
I have stock Speakers in. Never changed them.
I am going to service tommorrow, but would like to hear from th OP what his end result was.

Will post my end result

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just pick up my car:

Complaint - No sound out of radio

Fix - Checked radio operation and found no sound in any mode. Hands free voice and navigation work fine. Followed diagnostic procedure found in manuel to find audio unit failure. Ordered replacement unit and recieved a call from Technical Assistance refer case # @#&$(^@. Was told to remove audio unit and inspect harness. Found loose connection at 21 pin audio harness. Repaired connection.

Radio works fine - was told that this may be an issue with the 2010 Accords.
Hope Not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts