Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All !

It is confirmed by my mechanic that the spacers and longer bolts needed when fitting Si 17" wheels on 2013 Accord Coupe. Rear wheels fit fine, but front ones touch the caliper!!

Does anybody here got into this issue and got the proper spacers and bolts for it? Should I buy from Honda?

Thank you in advance!

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Honda doesn't sell spacers unless your dealership condones aftermarket parts.
Look into akata spacers and see what you need. You may only need 5mm or 10mm max to just clear your calipers.

·
Enjoying Life!!!
55 Posts
Figure out the offset from stock accord wheels and the si wheels and that might give you the size you'll need?!

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
Another member has told me that all you need is 5mm spacers for the front wheels. The Si wheels upfront will rub with the brake calipers without the 5mm spacers.

I'm about to run the same setup this week. Waiting for my wheels to get painted and then mounting my Hankook ipikes on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, great, thank you very much for your responses.

Now, where can I get quality spacer, say in Toronto area? Should I get longer bolts as well?

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
Guys, great, thank you very much for your responses.

Now, where can I get quality spacer, say in Toronto area? Should I get longer bolts as well?
I just noticed that you are doing this for a coupe.

What I said earlier was for a sedan. I am not sure if it's the same for coupes, as I been told I won't need longer bolts. I ordered mine from ebay and my spacers are akata. Make sure you get the right bore for your car. This is the one I ordered for my car:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231061011948?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
Akata*

Just a slight correction.
Awesome spacers.
Thanks. I been thinkin about Takata intakes all day so maybe that why I put that haha.

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
Just wanted to update this thread for anyone else who wants to run stock 08 Si wheels on our cars. Current set up are Hankook iPikes 225/50/17 with front 5mm Akata spacers. No shakes or viberations.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts