Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
201 - 220 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Accord Hybrid EXL on order, 2011 Acura TSX
69 Posts
Yes. Scroll up to see the complete part list you need and websites where you can purchase the parts.
So…if I’m not mistaken, there is not a “best” or “recommended” site where the “best” package exists to purchase everything needed to have a spare donut tire for this fancy brand new car I have ordered…? What a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So…if I’m not mistaken, there is not a “best” or “recommended” site where the “best” package exists to purchase everything needed to have a spare donut tire for this fancy brand new car I have ordered…? What a pain in the ass.
Creative searching is your friend.
I ordered one from this seller on Fleabay. It should show up tomorrow with some luck. Only part missing is the "tool box" which I can get from one of the other suppliers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Creative searching is your friend.
I ordered one from this seller on Fleabay. It should show up tomorrow with some luck. Only part missing is the "tool box" which I can get from one of the other suppliers.

Thanks. I hear ya. Unfortunate that Honda provides little/no help in this regard.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Visit your local parts counter and look at the picture for the '21 Sport. Everything is there.
Would that be at the dealer? I thought I saw a post indicating that dealers didn’t want to provide the parts, including the donut tire. Maybe I misread, which is quite possible. I’d be more than open to it.

I really AM looking forward to my new ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks. I hear ya. Unfortunate that Honda provides little/no help in this regard.
Understood. I hear you.

The parts guy at the dealer wants you VIN or year/model so he looks it up on his Honda computer and it shows the inflation kit. That's what's called for in the computer. There is speculation about the spare penetrating the battery in a rear end collision, but the fuel tank is there as well, just like other Accords.

I'm buying a donut and tools because we often travel distances and areas where the most basic services are lacking, including tire repair.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There is speculation about the spare penetrating the battery in a rear end collision, but the fuel tank is there as well, just like other Accords.
Exactly. If the impact is that severe, there are more serious things to worry about than battery damage. Any effect on mpg is BS. Do we not carry passengers weighing more than 40 lbs? So, not sure what the thinking is. Maybe I’ll just cancel and put my money towards a ‘22 Civic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No worries, it's your money and it's completely up to you. We find ours to be very comfortable on long trips with 39-41mpg @ 80mph. It's a really nice step up from our 2007 Accord 4cyl with 277K on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No worries, it's your money and it's completely up to you. We find ours to be very comfortable on long trips with 39-41mpg @ 80mph. It's a really nice step up from our 2007 Accord 4cyl with 277K on it.
Yeah I know. I really love what I see in the car in videos so far. Your experience helps. My test drives were enlightening too. Which trim do you have?

·
Registered
2021 Accord Touring Hybrid
61 Posts
When I got my Touring, I figured I would never use the built in navigation, having used Google maps forever. I was wrong. The Garmin nav system in the Honda is infinitely better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Garmin? Wow! I wouldn’t have thought it was that good. My former Legacy, and all subarus, use Tom Tom. Garbage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well, back to the original subject here in this thread.

First, THANKS to ALL who have posted before me with their info on purchasing the parts needed for a safer car.​
Second, after reading all 200+ posts I am definitely more well informed as to where to purchase my parts to assemble the spare tire kit. It's obvious that the dealer is the WRONG PLACE to make this happen unless they will match EXACTLY the online prices that I've seen. Why pay more? You're already paying so much for a car!
Finally, I plan on visiting the dealer where I am purchasing my car from and taking photos of the trunk in an ICE Accord, including the included kit and spare for my own benefit and clarity​
For those who are just recently discovering this thread, PLEASE go back and read through the entire set, it will read like a short history lesson, but is really worth its weight in gold (spare tires?). There's lots of info to be extracted thanks to the time and effort of all the posters. Don't forget that in a Front Wheel drive car you must ALWAYS, when possible, put the spare on the back, regardless of which tire goes flat. Put the good, original wheel on the front if a front blows.

I might also suggest either a brightly, LED illuminated hazard/caution sign for your trunk breakdown safety kit, or at least a reflective triangular sign, that you can put on the road at least 100 feet behind you to ensure passing cars/trucks are alerted to your situation well in advance. Something such as this could save a life or two: (I neither own nor endorse this item) https://www.amazon.com/Fasmov-Warning-Triangle-Emergency-Reflector/dp/B016MBHC56

Again, thanks to all of you. I am much better informed as a result of this forum!!!

Photos provided to me by my dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I got my Touring, I figured I would never use the built in navigation, having used Google maps forever. I was wrong. The Garmin nav system in the Honda is infinitely better.
The actual navigation may be good, but the voice response UI is horrible, I can almost never get it to find my destination, so I have to pull over so I can type it in... and the traffic reports are not good - the Honda Nav system almost never knows about a traffic slowdown the Google Maps knows about.

·
Registered
2021 Accord Touring Hybrid
61 Posts
the traffic reports are not good - the Honda Nav system almost never knows about a traffic slowdown the Google Maps knows about.
I have found the opposite. Google maps traffic info is always so far out of date as to be worse than useless. The built in Nav traffic is usually spot on. This may depend on what part of the country you are in, however.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So I got a flat in my 2019 HAH. Pulled over, used repair kit, the repair liquid just ran out of the hole onto the pavement. Called Honda Roadside, they said maybe we can find you a tow truck in the next 6-8 hours. Called around, couldn't find a tow truck to save my life, wife and I both calling everyone. Sat there for an hour, got absolutely no where, cars whizzing by. No spare, no tow truck, totally F'd. Went on Google maps, found a tire shop 2.1 miles away. Drove on flat tire at 10mph. Got to the shop, they didn't have my tire, bought some other tire that fit. Looking for a spare tire kit now.

The next day I got a text from Honda that a tow truck was on the way. Bottom line, don't rely on Honda Roadside, or the tire repair kit.

201 - 220 of 244 Posts