Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just ordered the parts per post #81 in this thread. Ordered a Kumho T135/80D17 from TireRack. Once all the pieces come in and I get things squared away I'll post some pics etc. - this will be for my new 2019 HAH Touring, pretty fired up about the new ride!
LOL ok I guess I should have taken pics, but... everything came in as ordered, got the Kumho mounted for $14 at Discount Tire and now everything is tucked in where it belongs... dropped a shop rag and LED flashlight into the tool slot that we get with the different "tool box" foam piece and good to go (other than I need to figure out what to do w/ the original compressor / fix-a-flat).

I doubt highly hauling this around is going to have any impact to speak of on rated mpg... I don't know why Honda doesn't just go ahead and standardize on the donut across the board tbh.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
...other than I need to figure out what to do w/ the original compressor / fix-a-flat).
The compressor kit tucks nicely under the passenger seat. If you have floor mats in the rear, the front lip of the mat holds the compressor in place and prevents it from sliding backwards under "spirited acceleration."

·
Registered
317 Posts
The compressor kit tucks nicely under the passenger seat. If you have floor mats in the rear, the front lip of the mat holds the compressor in place and prevents it from sliding backwards under "spirited acceleration."
Good tip! I just knew there was a reason why the front passenger seat doesn't have a height adjustment. It's so it doesn't crush the compressor kit.... ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thought I would share this listing on eBay for anyone interested, but note a few points of caution below. No affiliation with seller, but it is who I bought my used spare kit (a different one from a 2016/17 model) from that I posted about earlier and that was as described.

Here are some minor concerns I noted that may end up not mattering in the long run. But buying anything used is not without risk. Be sure to use take advantage of buyer protection if the item is not a described.
  • While the jack kit appears to be correct, as far as I know there is no way to tell the difference between the foam tool holder for the 16 inch spare or the 17 inch spare without the part number. While the foam holder pictured appears to match the photos I took of the 17 inch foam holder from a new sport model, I have not compared the 16 inch and 17 inch holders visually. Hopefully this is the one for the 17 inch wheel. You could always stop by a dealer and compare it to the foam kit in the trunk of an LX trim which takes the 16 inch spare. Or maybe someone else can identify it for sure.
  • The spare tire shown does not appear to be OEM as the tire appears to be off brand (not really a concern) and the specs are 155/70/17 instead of the OEM 135/80/17. Although these two tire specs result in the same diameter, sidewall and circumference measurements, the 155/70 tire is slightly wider by about 20mm (~0.8 inches). The extra width shouldn't matter while you are driving on it, but it may matter when it is stored as this would sit higher in the spare compartment than the OEM. That could result in your trunk liner not being completely flush on the edges.
  • No way to if bolt pattern and offset are correct without mounting the tire which you should do to verify fitment anyway.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Does hybrid ex or exl has spare tires?

Currently have 2013 EX-L but this time I'll be getting hybrid, I know up to 2017 hybrid models doesn't have spare tires so how about 2020?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does hybrid ex or exl has spare tires?

Currently have 2013 EX-L but this time I'll be getting hybrid, I know up to 2017 hybrid models doesn't have spare tires so how about 2020?
No, none of the 10th gen hybrids come with a spare kit regardless of trim.

Hi,
Does anybody know why there seems to be some unused slots in the tool box, I thought I was missing something when I saw them in my Accord Sport 2.0, but I do seem exactly the same stuff in this pictures.
Old comment, but still a question I thought of when scanning this thread. I haven’t played with the insert in person because I still haven’t ordered my spare kit. Still it looks like those two narrow slots could fit a standard pop out tire gauge, and a screwdriver.

I wonder if different tools are included in those slots in other countries.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just ordered EVERYTHING except for the tire, from Bernardi Auto parts. The total came to $176.90 with FREE shipping and NO tax! Note, this includes the foam tool box for $26.20 that fits the 17" wheel, the jack bar, Pantograph, wheel wrench, adaptor, bolt, and the 17x4T wheel for $83.72.

I'll be getting the tire from Discount Tire and they will mount it on the wheel.As I recall, the tire was about $93 from Discount.

If you haven't gotten your spare tire kit yet, this seems a good way to get everything at a great price, and everything's OEM and new!

- Jack

·
HK Moderator
13,923 Posts
I just ordered EVERYTHING except for the tire, from Bernardi Auto parts. The total came to $176.90 with FREE shipping and NO tax! Note, this includes the foam tool box for $26.20 that fits the 17" wheel, the jack bar, Pantograph, wheel wrench, adaptor, bolt, and the 17x4T wheel for $83.72.

I'll be getting the tire from Discount Tire and they will mount it on the wheel.As I recall, the tire was about $93 from Discount.

If you haven't gotten your spare tire kit yet, this seems a good way to get everything at a great price, and everything's OEM and new!

- Jack

Jack, could you please re-list the parts you ordered and their cost for your 2019 Touring Hybrid? Thank you!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Jack, could you please re-list the parts you ordered and their cost for your 2019 Touring Hybrid? Thank you!
Certainly, Rick - I searched Bernardi's site for the spare tire tool kit for the 2019 Sport > Interior/Bumper > Tools-Jack, which got me to the majority of the tool kit. This included:
  1. 84542-TVA-A10 Box, Tool $26.20
  2. 89320-SE5-A01 Bar, Jack $25.98
  3. 89310-SHJ-A01 Jack Addy., PANTOGRAPH $20.62
  4. 89211-S3V-A11 Wrench, Wheel $10.34
I didn't order the "Emergency Nozzle" fuel funnel here, since it already exists in the Hybrid kit.

Then, I simply entered the part numbers for the other items as follows:
  1. 74651-S2X-003 Adapter, Spare Tire $5.68
  2. 74652-SDA-003 Bolt, Spare Tire $4.36
  3. 42700-T2A-L51 Disk, Wheel (17X4T) (CMWA) $83.72
The total was $176.90 with free standard shipping and no tax to my home in Arizona!

As I said in the earlier post, I'll get the tire, KUMHO 131 SPARE T 135 /80 D17 103M T BSW HK from Discount Tire $93.24, since I'll have them mount it on the rim. It's either in stock, or available next day and there's no shipping fee to get it.

Hope this helps.

- Jack

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry if I missed the details, but what is included in the hybrid kit? I may be interested in trading my spare setup from my 2019 sport for the inflator kit, if anyone is local to southeast New Hampshire, because I will likely be building an amp rack in my spare tire well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sorry if I missed the details, but what is included in the hybrid kit? I may be interested in trading my spare setup from my 2019 sport for the inflator kit, if anyone is local to southeast New Hampshire, because I will likely be building an amp rack in my spare tire well.
Not much! It has a plug-in 12V tire inflator that can add a "slime-like" tire sealer to the inside of the tire. It would certainly work to reinflate a tire that had just picked up a nail and has a slow leak. But, it would be totally useless if the tire was damaged in a blowout or was otherwise non-repairabe. In addition to the inflator, you get the gas funnel which you already have with your spare tire kit and you get a special foam insert that holds these two items but will not fit over a spare tire. It would possibly fit over the amp rack you are planning to install, but it might require trimming to do so.

- Jack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Certainly, Rick - I searched Bernardi's site for the spare tire tool kit for the 2019 Sport > Interior/Bumper > Tools-Jack, which got me to the majority of the tool kit. This included:
  1. 84542-TVA-A10 Box, Tool $26.20
  2. 89320-SE5-A01 Bar, Jack $25.98
  3. 89310-SHJ-A01 Jack Addy., PANTOGRAPH $20.62
  4. 89211-S3V-A11 Wrench, Wheel $10.34
I didn't order the "Emergency Nozzle" fuel funnel here, since it already exists in the Hybrid kit.

Then, I simply entered the part numbers for the other items as follows:
  1. 74651-S2X-003 Adapter, Spare Tire $5.68
  2. 74652-SDA-003 Bolt, Spare Tire $4.36
  3. 42700-T2A-L51 Disk, Wheel (17X4T) (CMWA) $83.72
The total was $176.90 with free standard shipping and no tax to my home in Arizona!

As I said in the earlier post, I'll get the tire, KUMHO 131 SPARE T 135 /80 D17 103M T BSW HK from Discount Tire $93.24, since I'll have them mount it on the rim. It's either in stock, or available next day and there's no shipping fee to get it.

Hope this helps.

- Jack
Thanks for the Info.
I got the same things from Bernardi's but I also ordered the tire (42751-KEN-008) from them too.
Everything was shipped for free and No tax. I had a local shop mount the tire.
Thanks Again,
H

·
Registered
2015 Accord lx and 2019 Accord Hybrid base
221 Posts
So I got a flat while on road trip and had to use compressor to get to My dads house where I could use his jack and lug wrench. Yep - screw in tire (but in middle of tread so easy patch job). So I’m lookin at adding the components for a full spare set up. In reading through it seems there is disparity between the 16” and 17” spare. Using online auto parts sites for fitment, the rotor size for all hybrids is the same. So the 17” wheel Thefisch, InTotalaccord and others have identified is the way to go. I suggest folks who bought the 16” spare check for fitment up front.
Plus - hey people usually envy bigger wheels so why not look cool with with spare rim. Ha.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So I got a flat while on road trip and had to use compressor to get to My dads house where I could use his jack and lug wrench. Yep - screw in tire (but in middle of tread so easy patch job). So I’m lookin at adding the components for a full spare set up. In reading through it seems there is disparity between the 16” and 17” spare. Using online auto parts sites for fitment, the rotor size for all hybrids is the same. So the 17” wheel Thefisch, InTotalaccord and others have identified is the way to go. I suggest folks who bought the 16” spare check for fitment up front.
Plus - hey people usually envy bigger wheels so why not look cool with with spare rim. Ha.
You can use a 16” spare on the rear of most accords, including hybrids. It’s generally better to have a spare on the rear of the vehicle anyway so you maintain better steering with full size tires. A lot of cars the manual instructs in the event of a front flat to move a good back tire forward and put the donut on the rear anyway.

If you want one which fits on the front you can use a 16” on the the LX, EX, EX-L ’19+. Pretty sure it will fit on the ‘18 hybrid, but the front calipers got bigger in ‘19 (this is the problem I ran into trying to transfer my 16” winter wheels from my old car to my ‘19 HAH). The Sport and Sport-Touring also get the larger brakes.

·
HK Moderator
13,923 Posts
You can use a 16” spare on the rear of most accords, including hybrids. It’s generally better to have a spare on the rear of the vehicle anyway so you maintain better steering with full size tires. A lot of cars the manual instructs in the event of a front flat to move a good back tire forward and put the donut on the rear anyway.

If you want one which fits on the front you can use a 16” on the the LX, EX, EX-L ’19+. Pretty sure it will fit on the ‘18 hybrid, but the front calipers got bigger in ‘19 (this is the problem I ran into trying to transfer my 16” winter wheels from my old car to my ‘19 HAH). The Sport and Sport-Touring also get the larger brakes.
Well outlined, sir. Thank you.

I am wondering if we should close this thread, and create a new one that in post number one, outlines the differences between the 2018s, and the 2019s and up. I like @jackpine parts list above....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Product ID: 89211-S3V-A11

thanks. I was unaware the brakes for the HaH grew in 2019. I do have a 2019. So for me, I will just go with the 17” wheel.

edit - just sourced all parts and new (take off) tire/rim shipped to me for. These were never used so as far as I’m concerned - new. A good deal from a salvage yard. I recommend folks consider that route if they are comfortable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
'19 HAH EX-L here. I purchased the parts below at hondapartsnow.com back in January.
F1C53FBE-79DD-491F-8BE8-75CB1C953319.jpeg A25E132B-6617-4601-99A9-0F1306F93F3B.jpeg
I got a 135/80D17 Kumho tire at discount tire. Came out to about $125 with tax and installation.

The wheel fits on the front and back and all parts fit nicely into the trunk space.

The Honda dealer quoted me double what I paid.

·
Registered
221 Posts
'19 HAH EX-L here. I purchased the parts below at hondapartsnow.com back in January.
View attachment 520995 View attachment 520996
I got a 135/80D17 Kumho tire at discount tire. Came out to about $125 with tax and installation.

The wheel fits on the front and back and all parts fit nicely into the trunk space.

The Honda dealer quoted me double what I paid.
You know the extra weight is going to hurt your mpg.

I kid.... ha

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX
4 Posts
I just want to thank thefisch for the great write up on the 2019 up spares and parts. I found a rim/tire online used (and worn, but pretty cheap) that was correct. I bought all the other parts new from Bernardi. While the tire isn't the best, It will do until I can get somewhere to get it fixed. I could also buy a new temporary spare tire for this rim as well. However, I'll probably just wait and if I ever need it, I'll just buy a replacement tire/rim from the junkyard as more will be available down the road. And yes the rotor clearance is tight on my 2020 with the 17" temporary spare (I checked fit on both front and rear just to make sure), so I can't see how the 16" would fit. If I ever have a flat on the front, I'll probably put the temp spare on the back and move a full size up front.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts