Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Accord lx and 2019 Accord Hybrid base
230 Posts
Just got my stuff from fedex. New take off spare and all tools shipped a tax =$200. Dropped right in no problem. They have a few more at the salvage yard so feel free to pm if you want their info.
Thanks to all who helped with adding to this thread!

Reactions: icspots

·
Registered
2015 Accord lx and 2019 Accord Hybrid base
230 Posts
I just purchased my 2018 hybrid with 29k miles on Saturday and was looking for this parts list as I read they don’t have a spare. I looked in the trunk and the entire kit is already there! Thank you previous owner!
Well that’s a minimum of another $200 you saved.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Check the air pressure of the spare in your newly acquired 2018 Hybrid. They do lose air over time
Yeah, even if you have tire rotations done at the dealer, they are not necessarily going to check the pressure of the spare (and perhaps especially not for a Hybrid, since the spare is not part of the normal equipage).

I remember my wife having a flat, and when I went to her car to change to the spare, it was almost totally flat. Luckily, the car was only a couple hundred yards from a gas station, so I was able to roll the flat spare over, and fill it up, before mounting it. The spare does no good, if it has gone flat in the trunk! :)

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
200 Posts
I wonder if a full-size tire would fit in beneath the trunk floor, without adding those tools. Can anyone please let me know?

Since I have included roadside assistance in the insurance, they will help out in the event of tire failure. I personally don’t feel the need to have all those tools, except a 19mm socket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just picked up my 2018 Hybrid Touring. The dealer could not sell me the spare tire (liability issues) but they did give me the parts list (specific to the Hybrids 17 in wheels).

DHC Academy Honda Parts Department (in NJ) quoted me over $500. I ordered what I needed online for $300 (prices are similar across all online sites). Here is the part list;

84542-TVA-A00 BOX, TOOL
89211-S3V-A11 Wrench, Wheel
89310-SHJ-A01 Jack Assy., Pantograph
89320-SE5-A01 Bar, Jack
42751-KEN-007 TIRE, TEMPORARY (T135/90D16) (102M) (KENDA)
42700-T2A-A52 Wheel,Disk 16X4T
74651-S2X-003 Adapter, Spare Tire
74652-SDA-003 Bolt, Spare Tire

The only bummer, the tire and rim are separate...will have to mount on my own.

I hoe this helps.
I know this if from a couple of years ago but I decided I needed to get a spare for my '18 HAH. After adding the above 8 items into my shoppng cart the cost was $476.93. I'm not sure prices have climbed that much but I could be mistaken. I might have to try a piece together the parts to save $$$.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wonder if a full-size tire would fit in beneath the trunk floor, without adding those tools. Can anyone please let me know?

Since I have included roadside assistance in the insurance, they will help out in the event of tire failure. I personally don’t feel the need to have all those tools, except a 19mm socket.
A full spare will not work in spot for a spare. It will fit, but there is a big bulge. So, it is not flush.

So, a full spare will not work and look like oem where the floor of the carpet will be level.

Only the skinny spare would fit.

I know this if from a couple of years ago but I decided I needed to get a spare for my '18 HAH. After adding the above 8 items into my shoppng cart the cost was $476.93. I'm not sure prices have climbed that much but I could be mistaken. I might have to try a piece together the parts to save $$$.
Look on ebay like me. I found one. A complete set already with everything. I bought it but I am still to receive it. I think I paid about $190 shipped. Spare tire with jack and everything to change the tire.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys, my online order for my spare came in, and I am happy to report everything fit like a glove! This is what I ordered from HondaPartsNow.com (btw - they were great);

84542-TVA-A00 BOX, TOOL
89211-S3V-A11 Wrench, Wheel
89310-SHJ-A01 Jack Assy., Pantograph
89320-SE5-A01 Bar, Jack
42751-KEN-007 TIRE, TEMPORARY (T135/90D16) (102M) (KENDA)
42700-T2A-A52 Wheel,Disk 16X4T
74651-S2X-003 Adapter, Spare Tire
74652-SDA-003 Bolt, Spare Tire

I did go to the local gas station to have the tire mounted ($10) & the white gas nozzle came from the original kit.

Now I have piece of mind!
It looks like you got a 16" spare wheel. Try mounting it on the front. There was some talk on this forum that it may not fit the HAH due to larger front disc brakes and calipers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It looks like you got a 16" spare wheel. Try mounting it on the front. There was some talk on this forum that it may not fit the HAH due to larger front disc brakes and calipers.
The post you’re replying to was from two years ago, and he owns the ‘18 HAH. The ‘18 will fit a 16” wheel on the front. In ‘19 the front HAH and Sport calipers were enlarged and won’t accommodate a 16” wheel. You can still stick a 16” wheel on the rear of the car, so if you’re carrying a 16” spare on the newer models you can still use it on the back axle... if you have a flat on the front just move a good wheel to the front, then install the spare on the back. Generally a good idea anyway since that gives you a full size tire on the front where you’re steering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok... I read quite aways back and it's a lot of varying info. Good stuff though.

Question I have, on a 2019 HAH Touring, which size spare do I need to be able to put on the front to go over the larger brakes?

With one jack, in some situations, it would be logistically harder to have to take a good tire off the rear in order to move it to the front where you have a blowout, then put the spare on the rear.

Much easier if I just had a spare that would replace the faulty front tire.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok... I read quite aways back and it's a lot of varying info. Good stuff though.

Question I have, on a 2019 HAH Touring, which size spare do I need to be able to put on the front to go over the larger brakes?

With one jack, in some situations, it would be logistically harder to have to take a good tire off the rear in order to move it to the front where you have a blowout, then put the spare on the rear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6
When I was buying my 2020 Hybrid, I asked to see a non hybrid 2020 Accord LX to look at the spare. The spare is a donut; 135/80D17. So, that size should fit any of your tires.

I decided I must have a spare on my Hybrid. I bought a spare off ebay, but a slightly larger size; 145/80D17.

Here is a link to my thread to see pictures of the tire...

PetitFrereAccord 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid...

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I was buying my 2020 Hybrid, I asked to see a non hybrid 2020 Accord LX to look at the spare. The spare is a donut; 135/80D17. So, that size should fit any of your tires.

I decided I must have a spare on my Hybrid. I bought a spare off ebay, but a slightly larger size; 145/80D17.

Here is a link to my thread to see pictures of the tire...

PetitFrereAccord 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid...
Have you actually tested to see if it fits on the front properly?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you actually tested to see if it fits on the front properly?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6
Be specific about what exact tire size specifications you are asking about.

·
Registered
2019 Hybrid Touring
7 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I've been pondering doing the same (getting a donut that would work in a pinch.) Somehow I just don't want to have to rely on a can of Fix-a-Flat. I'd also like to know the details of tire size, etc.

·
Registered
500 Posts
RadiantRed - look back in this thread to Post #129. I list all the part numbers and the tire specs there. The wheel size I have is the 17" wheel that fits all four axles.

- Jack

Reactions: RadiantRedHybrid

·
Registered
136 Posts

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6
logistically harder and slower, sure, but not difficult. Front goes flat, jack the back, remove Good rear tire, install spare, lower the back, jack the front, install former rear tire in place of flat.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts