Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm having an issue with my engine misfiring in multiple cylinders; my mechanic says i need to change my sparkplugs. from what ive been researching, my car (v6-auto coupe) requires NGK iridiums; the parts stores that ive called only carry NGK "laser-iridium" which they say is the proper plug or my car, ans these vary from $20-30 each... seems a bit pricey... dealership ive called a couple times and spoken to different people; they just say its NGK iridium and they're about $24/plug. canadian tire sells NGK plugs 2 in a pack for $20, but none are listed as being for my accord..

main question is, whats the difference between laser-iridium and regular irridium? i hadn't even heard of laser-iridium til now, and i'm fairly certain there were no such thing as laser iridiums back in 03 when the car was made...

any suggestions or advice are appreciated... thx

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
1,015 Posts
I put iridiums in my car when I bought it at 105k. $10/each.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Iridiums are pricey up here, ~$20-25 CDN each, but they'll last you 160,000 km, longer than most plugs, hence the increased price. Well worth it IMO

Check your owner's manual for the part number. There'll be two part numbers, I think you want the first one, second is for ULEV models sold in California emissions states IIRC.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for the replies guys, i really appreciate it... i got the answer i was looking for, that regular iridiums are fine.. i just can't seem to find them (locally).. and toshbar, where did u find iridium plugs at $10 each? and were they oem/NGK?

thx again guys..

·
Registered
16 Posts
thx for the replies guys, i really appreciate it... i got the answer i was looking for, that regular iridiums are fine.. i just can't seem to find them (locally).. and toshbar, where did u find iridium plugs at $10 each? and were they oem/NGK?

thx again guys..
I see rockauto has them for $9.64 per plug, plus you can put 45853253761045 in the where did you hear about us in the car, and their shipping is extremely reasonable

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
Advance Auto Parts has NGKs for 10/ea, or you can buy a 6-pack on ebay for ~57 shipped.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
1,015 Posts
toshbar, where did u find iridium plugs at $10 each? and were they oem/NGK?

thx again guys..
Local Advance Auto. NGK. I don't have the part number right now, but I can get it out of my car if you really need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts