Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
so my accord just 175km or 110k in miles and I really need to get some maintenance done.

I realize my plugs are due at 100k miles so Im looking online at replacements and realize two types are offered,

Denso IK20(Iridium Power) and the Denso SKJ20DR-M11(Iridium Long-Life)

So I went to check what plugs were in my car and they were NGK plugs, which I assumed the previous owner changed, so I want to get some fresh plugs in the car, what one's come with the car from factory?

And is there much of a difference between the two? And how long do each last?

Also my car has been very good to me and so far Ive only been giving it the basic oil changes it needs, I just changed the MTF for the 2nd time.
And after that on my test drive I realized that my E-brake is a bit loose, there is about half an inch of play while it is down so I need to tighten that up soon. I can also pull it up much higher, would I just have to tighen the bolt on the e-brake cable to adjust the ebrake? Or does having pads that are worn down affect this?

And what else should I be doing for general maintenance? Is a coolant flush and brake fluid flush really necessary? And what about the belts.

thanks in advance guys, sorry for so many questions. I dont exactly have my owners manual on me since I forgot it in my garage at home when I was working on the car and im away from home at school. I want to get things sorted out and have parts so I can get working on the car right when finals are done.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So from research the IK20 should last about 30-40k ? (not an exact value) while the SK should last the recommended interval of 100k ? Can anyone verify this.

·
Super Moderator
6,845 Posts
SKJ20DR-M11 is the long life Denso Iridium. IK20 gives a little more torque and lasts 30k miles or 48k km yes. I changed out the SKJ20DR-M11 at 85k miles anyway to IK20. No problems with either plugs.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Thanks for the quick reply, I think im gonna go with the long life plugs, they are 2x the price of the IK20's, but then they are rated to last 3x+ as long.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Both NGK and Denso come stock in our cars. It's random. NGK seems to be recommended though. I picked some NGK's up from advanced auto $9.99 a piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts