Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after I had my stealth build installed, I noticed that BOTH passenger side speakers would randomly go up and down in volume for no reason. It happens whether I'm driving, in park, have the engine on, or just running off the battery. Sometimes it happens a lot and sometimes it won't happen at all for 30+ mins. The volume for both speakers will drop for a few seconds (to a barely audible level) then will kick back to normal.

Here is what I've done to try and diagnose this so far:

1. Triple checked the connections at the amp.
2. Made sure the amp's ground was fine.
3. Checked to make sure the RCA cables were firmly attached to the HU
4. Checked the wiring for the rear passenger speaker.
5. Pulled the passenger door off and checked the speaker connection.
6. I even replaced the crossover for the front passenger speaker with an old one I had laying around.

The problem is still there. The only thing at this point I think it could be is that two channels on my five channel amp are dying. If that is even possible, I don't know.

Before I go through all the trouble of tearing my stealth build apart to replace the amp, I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas first.

- Metra Double Din Head Unit Kit
- Kenwood Excelon DNX6990HD
- 5-channel Kicker ZX700.5 amp
- 12" Kicker L5 sub
- Polk Audio db5251 5-1/4" component speakers for front doors
- Soundstream SST6.9 6x9 speakers for rear deck
- 1-farad Lightning Audio capacitor

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
hmm... both passanger side speakers. something is wrong then. it can either be your headunit's right sound car is messed up or maybe your amp's right output channels are messed up. i was gonna say if it was connected to the stock headunit i would know what the problem is because the same exact thing happened to me when i was using a line out converter, the factory wires were old and brittle and needed to be REALLY tight and twisted to get a good connection it would just randomly cut out music on my passanger door and come back.

but you have an aftermarket unit so im not sure what the problem could possibly be. its BOTH your passanger side going in and out at the same exact time? or different times? but this is wierd. if you literally tried to troubleshoot everything and this is still happening its possible its either the amp or the headunit with a messed up right channel front and rear

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
i just looked at your stealth build setup. looks really nice i wish i could do something like that. another problem i could potentially see is that the amp gets hot being sealed up away under the floor over there? idk just a thought

1 - 3 of 3 Posts