Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've only had my 09 accord for a month now and I've already installed the NESA indash but now I think I need new speakers. At max it is not very clear and the bass is horrible. I don't want something crazy loud, I just want something that is going to give me good quality sound with a decent bass. My previous car was a 2000 Maxima and it had Bose speakers that were really great quality so I'm having a hard time adjusting.

I'm looking to replace all 5 speakers I guess so what would you recommend? Like I said Doesn't have to be top of the line but something that you can enjoy any kind of music.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Although I haven't done speaker changes with the Accord I can speak with personal experience for Kenwood's and Infinity Reference series for my 2013 Taurus and 2003 Dodge Durango respectively.

I am not sure of the size for Accords but the Kenwood KFC series have done wonders on my Taurus. Taurus are 6X8 for doors 6X9 rear deck, 3.5" center instrument panel.

Kenwood also makes a fairly easy to install under seat SUB/AMP combo KSC-SW11 low profile under seat so out of the way but effective. A good 3 way speaker set will be a good head start over OEM speakers. With the Taurus I feel the stereo system itself is pretty decent but the weak link is the speakers. Start with the doors and that should be a pretty good head start possibly more of a difference than you think.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,955 Posts
I'm going offer a different take. I don't think any speakers or amps will give you what they have unless you do some sound deadening. Our cars are notoriously loud. No system will perform as designed in such a noisy environment.

·
226 Posts
I'm going offer a different take. I don't think any speakers or amps will give you what they have unless you do some sound deadening. Our cars are notoriously loud. No system will perform as designed in such a noisy environment.
speak for yourself, the only interior noise i get is from the rear deck and its not noisy all the time or very loud:cig:

·
Registered
607 Posts
speak for yourself, the only interior noise i get is from the rear deck and its not noisy all the time or very loud:cig:

Well, yours must be a different Accord. In mine, when doing 65-70 mph on a cement or chip-and-seal highway road I need to almost yell to the passenger. It wasn't so obvious until I drove a Mercedes and realised how noisy my Accord is.

Now I'm researching sound deadening for the doors, trunk and eventually will take the seats/carpet off and insulate the floor!

Is there any value to upgrade the speakers but keep the rest of the audio system stock?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is there any value to upgrade the speakers but keep the rest of the audio system stock?
of course.

the stock radio with an decent amp and aftermarket speakers will make a huge difference.
...Guess adding the amp would NOT be stock tho :)

Still, I have done this 3 or 4 times in my history and pleased how the stereo's have turned out.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
704 Posts
While I haven't adding any noise dampening to my sedan yet, I agree it needs it. That being said, I replaced my four speakers with Focal (components up front and coaxials in back) and added a powered Infinity sub in the trunk. Huge difference in sounds, especially since I kept the factory HU.

Reactions: meltzdown

·
8th Gen Believer
3,955 Posts
Have you had your hearing checked lately? oops, sorry. I SAID, HAVE YOU HAD YOUR HEARING CHECKED LATELY?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts