Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile ago I posted concerns about Sams club installing uncoated wheel weights with a ball peen hammer and over long periods of time the combination causes severe corrosion under the weight ruining the wheels finish. (My other Hondas do not have any issue with weights installed by Honda and the dealer…only my Accord with Sams uncoated weights have shown to be an issue)

While I provided a lot of documentation from Honda and other OEMS about coated wheel weight requirements, Sams club and Walmart just didn’t care. In comparison, I asked if they could name any other part installed on any clear coated automotive part via ball peen hammer. I didn’t expect an answer.

Also, I ignored mushy and vague handling with the new tires thinking BFG changed their tire over the past few years. But actually, Sams installed T speed rating tires of my favorite T/A Traction tire. They said BFG no long makes V or even H rated tired for the T/A traction line so they put on T rated tires without saying a word to me.

#1 - DO NOT BUY T RATED TIRES FOR THE ACCORD. They may be safe, but there is a HUGE difference in handling and I'm comparing identical tires with only the speed rating being different.

#2 – DO NOT HAVE YOUR TIRES INSTALLED AT SAMS OR WALMART!!!

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
The T rated tires is amazing in itself. Most places won't go beneath what the car came with (V). Some may drop to H but that's it. I would have to raise hell and have them exchanged for something else.

·
6,322 Posts
#2 – DO NOT HAVE YOUR TIRES INSTALLED AT SAMS OR WALMART!!!
Same thing with Firestone. The weights flung off twice. All 4 wheels. When I called after the 2nd time the mgr asked me if I felt any vibration on the hwy. After I said no, he said "then I wouldn't worry about it then".

·
NHBP AV6 6SPD coupe
631 Posts
my dumbass put H rated tires on my accord couse they were cheaper and didnt see point of putting 130+mph tires on car that cant go more then 132.
found out that sidewall is little stiffer on V rated tires. probably will go with H rated again, unless W rated not gona be that much more. no V rated tires avaliable in size from yakohama avid envigor tires that i think ill get

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,459 Posts
no V rated tires avaliable in size from yakohama avid envigor tires that i think ill get
i wanna get those for my car as well due to rain performance, as surveyed by tire rack.... :wave:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts