Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a the Honda winged spoiler 3 years ago and it's dated!

I want to install this spoiler: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F10-TA0-.html

Now for those you that have it can you tell me if it covers the area below the two identification marks located on the inside of the trunk lid? I'm asking because I drilled mine out and the deck lid spoiler needs to cover the holes.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What they show is you having to locate the two marks for the template, but it doesn't show if it will cover those holes on top of the trunk. I think they will but it is too hard to tell on the video.

Don't the installation instructions (the pdf and/or video) right on the College Hills site provide that information?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I did it...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You will need to fill the holes and when you install the 11-12 decklid it must be advanced forward by about half an inch to fully hide everything. The spoiler really needs VHB along the length of it to properly stick to the trunk's contour too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's VHB?

Moving it forward by half an inch does it look funny?

What did you fill the holes with?

You will need to fill the holes and when you install the 11-12 decklid it must be advanced forward by about half an inch to fully hide everything. The spoiler really needs VHB along the length of it to properly stick to the trunk's contour too.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Body filler - it's basically an epoxy. VHB is super strong 3M tape for body panel application, marine, etc.

In fact I used some today for my eyelids:

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
I installed a the Honda winged spoiler 3 years ago and it's dated!

I want to install this spoiler: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F10-TA0-.html

Now for those you that have it can you tell me if it covers the area below the two identification marks located on the inside of the trunk lid? I'm asking because I drilled mine out and the deck lid spoiler needs to cover the holes.
I have that on my 2010 and like the look of it better than the two spoiler options for 2010. As someone said, the holes will be a little different compared to those two other spoilers.

Post a before and after pics for us to all enjoy.

Scott C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts