Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Planning Accordingly...
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car: 2013 Sport 6MT, purchased 8/13, approx. 9k miles

My drive: 4 miles country 2 lane (typically cruise at 60 mph), 17 miles e-way (typically 75 mph, weather allowing), 2 miles in city stop and go (typically 2 miles, never faster than 35-40). 5 times/wk. x2. Similar driving on the weekends, and an occasional longer trip at e-way speeds.

My driving: gentle acceleration almost all of the time. Shift around 3k and default to 6th whenever traffic/road conditions allow and my speed is greater than 45. I try to be smooth, use heel/toe for downshifts. Econ mode always engaged.

Maintenance: none, apart from regular oil changes with Mobil 1.

My mileage, as shown by "History of Trip A" data: 26.9, 27.5, 27.2 mpg for the last three tanks.

Weather: I live in central Michigan. It's winter here.

My question: This mileage represents a noticeable decrease over my late summer/ fall results, which hovered around 30-31 mpg under generally faster driving. Are my results comparable to others' experience? Should I mention this at my next service? Any thoughts about why I'm seeing this?

Many thanks!

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
You are completely normal.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah My milage in my 6mt Sport has gone down around 3mpg since its gotten colder

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
I average about 28.5 mpg. Less than half my driving is highway and even then, I'm at high elevation and in mountainous terrain.

I injured my hip bowling, so I'll be benched for awhile, so maybe I can take a trip into some territory that is a little more flat and down where the oxygen levels are a bit higher to see how it does.

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
i average about 750 kms a tank, 450 miles.
with my intake recently installed, it is showing that i shuld be getting close to 825-850 kms

·
Registered
133 Posts
Purchased mine on 9/13 and so far I'm getting 34ish mpg driving to work, 62 miles daily round trip commute. Temperature in Hawaii is always on the 70s and lower 80s, so it really depends on the climate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Almost all city driving 22.8. Highway trips are around 29.0.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have also found that any speed over 70 you see a pretty drastic decrease in gas milage. going 80 on the highway I can barely get 30mpg, but going 65-70 I can get 35-36

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
I have a 2014 Sport 6MT and mine varies depending on my right foot:

On average I am getting between 28 - 30 on mix driving

I never use the Eco button, since I get worse MPG with it on

When I drive to and from work and use the streets; this is early in the AM with little traffic and averaging 45 mph; I get about 31 mpg

I just took a road trip; I was driving about 80 mph for 600 miles and got about 31 mpg

Now, during the weekends I get about 25 mpg, since it is more normal mixed traffic and my led foot takes over

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have never seen the above number. I get 23.5 to 24 since day 1. I have had it for 10 months and drive one way to work 18 miles with 10 of that at highway speeds.

·
Registered
133 Posts
daily driving is 60-70% highway, typically between 72-77mph...

i typically get around 28-29 mpg, sometimes as low as 27-26 mpg, sometimes as high as 30+ mpg...

highest ive ever got was around 31-32 mpg, pure highway miles, driving around 75-80 mph

1 - 20 of 22 Posts