Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone on the board do me a huge favor? Could you post pictures of your front strut towers if you have a factory strut bar? I ordered one to install on the LX I own, but having trouble figuring out why it doesn't seem to fit. I think I may have just purchased a $47 piece of steel that will be useless to me.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That answers my question. The LX does not have the 4 studs or even holes in the strut towers to accommodate the strut bar. Looks like I just wasted my money....See pic.

Attachments

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Thanks. That answers my question. The LX does not have the 4 studs or even holes in the strut towers to accommodate the strut bar. Looks like I just wasted my money....See pic.
That does not look like anything a Sharpie marker, hammer and punch, a drill and a trip to the hardware store could not remedy.

Jay

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That does not look like anything a Sharpie marker, hammer and punch, a drill and a trip to the hardware store could not remedy.

Jay
True, but modifying a brand new car still under warranty could definitely screw me over, especially since it only has 1000 miles on it. Looks like I'll be waiting a few years to install....

·
2013 Accord Sedan LX Wht.
61 Posts
I did the same thing

Looks like I did the same thing. I thought it would fit. I have emailed the company I ordered to see if I can cancel or not. I too am hesitant to modify the car. Is the lower bolt the LX does not have a welded in stud or a bolt coming through. I assume a stud.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also just got done looking at the parts drawing of the "Front Bulkhead/Dashboard". The "front wheelhouse" which is another name for the strut tower frame has a different part number on the LX than it does for the Sport/EX/EX-L. So, in having found this out - the strut bar WILL NOT fit without a modification. Wished I had researched this beforehand.

LX - 60750-2TF-A60ZZ

Sport/EX/EX-L - 60750-2TF-A10ZZ

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got lucky. My parts guy is going to take the part back, but charge me 20% as a restocking fee. Better than having to eat the whole thing, lesson learned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts