Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching for and was able to find out how to turn off the Green Econ ring around the Speedometer; however, when I go into the iMid menu on my 2014 Sport, the Vehicle Settings option is grayed out.

I thought that was where i can disable the Green Ring.

Is this the case for anybody else?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do you have the car in gear or driving? I know for the automatic if I'm not in park it won't let me mess with certain options.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the car in gear or driving? I know for the automatic if I'm not in park it won't let me mess with certain options.
No, I still can't click on it while I am in Park.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The Ambient Meter Feature can be turned on and off in the Vehicle Settings/Meter Setup/Fuel Efficiency Backlight/On Off

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weird. Put the car in ACC mode with the e-brake pulled, then try it.
BOOM! This worked!

The Vehicle Setting option is grayed out on the first turn of the key and when the engine is on. When you turn the key twice (i.e. ACC mode), you are then able to access Vehicle Settings.

Good looking out, Jack87.

·
Registered
335 Posts
BOOM! This worked!

The Vehicle Setting option is grayed out on the first turn of the key and when the engine is on. When you turn the key twice (i.e. ACC mode), you are then able to access Vehicle Settings.

Good looking out, Jack87.
Hah, I had a feeling that might be it!

Anytime buddy.

·
Registered
842 Posts
That's interesting... I have a MT and can access Vehicle Settings as long as the brake is pulled, even if the engine is running. Wonder why the engine has to be off with CVT.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
To access your Vehicle Settings look in your owners's manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yeah I also removed that after few weeks of owning the car; didn't care for that ring

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's interesting... I have a MT and can access Vehicle Settings as long as the brake is pulled, even if the engine is running. Wonder why the engine has to be off with CVT.
i have a 2014 sport CVT and i have accessed my vehicle settings while driving. i just have to wait until i get to a red light or stop sign and then i select it real quick and do whatever i need to do before i start to move again. and no i don't pull up the e-brake

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
i have a 2014 sport CVT and i have accessed my vehicle settings while driving. i just have to wait until i get to a red light or stop sign and then i select it real quick and do whatever i need to do before i start to move again. and no i don't pull up the e-brake
I assume you are putting the car into Park while you are changing the settings as per the owner's manual.

·
Registered
842 Posts
To access your Vehicle Settings look in your owners's manual.
Yeah, I thought I remembered reading that, I just couldn't find it when I searched last night, although I didn't try very hard. Strange that the OP's display won't let him select it with the engine running.

I also turned off the green ring a few days after I got the car. I like my cars to be simple and straightforward, and I don't see what value it adds.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Yeah, I thought I remembered reading that, I just couldn't find it when I searched last night, although I didn't try very hard. Strange that the OP's display won't let him select it with the engine running.

I also turned off the green ring a few days after I got the car. I like my cars to be simple and straightforward, and I don't see what value it adds.
Download the PDF version of the owner's manual which has links to the various sections and is searchable on a computer or an iPad.

Other than entertainment value, it does give you an indication when you are driving the car outside of the optimum range for best gas mileage. It goes gray when you are standing still idling and when you are accelerating rapidly which reduces your mileage. In normal everyday driving it's like a video game to see how long I can keep the lights green.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Unlike my computers, whose Windows settings are customized to the hilt, I tried to stay stock with my car--only turned down the voice-prompt volume (which will wake the dead at the default), unlinked the seat memory from the fobs (being the only driver), disabled all auto-locks, and disabled the lock/unlock beeper for the SmartEntry functions. Everything else is as it came from the factory! :) (Since I'm just OCD, I tweaked the same settings for fob # 2. :nuts: :scratch:)

Surprised that the O/P wasn't able to go into Settings by just going into "Park." (I never set the e-brake unless I'm on anything resembling a slope, and make sure the cables are checked when my tires are rotated!)

Thank goodness Honda is going with a Settings menu on all models (including the Fit in the next-gen, I would guess). Unlike the 8th-Gen Accord method of setting locks (as I stated in another thread) by having to turn the key on-and-off while simultaneously yanking the handbrake while doing a handstand on the console with feet pointing out the open moonroof in the exact compass direction of the Marysville plant or Tochigi, Japan, whichever is closest! :nuts: :lmao: (Only to discover that the Owner's Manual had a misprint, and that you had to "plank" yourself on the center armrest, on your stomach, with feet pointed out the passenger door, while biting down on the handbrake lever while also turning the key to "II" with one hand and patting your head with your other hand, to have the car unlock when shifted to "Park" or "Neutral!" :rolleyes: :scratch: Of course, what was the result if you had no sunroof out of which to point your gunboats?! That's prolly in the Service Manual!! :biggrin:)

The Econ ring just kind of fades into the background for me (a lot more subtle than the Civic's, for sure--like the Accord's, the CRV I had for a loaner this week had the same thin bars), I make a "game" out of seeing how many days' worth of commutes I can go without activating the LDW warning (three, maybe four is my best streak), and the LaneWatch camera is good for a last "sanity check" when changing lanes. (Only thing I wish we could do is set the "one-touch" blinker for three, four or five blinks, as I think I've heard can be set on BMWs and the like, as the blinker stops just as my head is coming back around when executing a lane change, and I just want the view up for a half-second longer.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts