Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a 7th gen Accord coupe V6 6m & have a question about the suspension. Some of the ads I've been looking at mention a sport suspension option. How do I know if the car has the sport suspension or not? Aren't all EX-L's the same with regards to suspension or was there an option that included bigger tires, stiffer suspension also?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
There wasn't really a sport suspension option from the factory. There could be some differences in the suspension and tires depending on whether you are looking at a 7th gen or 7.5 gen. It's possible to have the Honda HPF suspension which could have been dealer installed. It's different springs and shocks and lowers the car about an inch. Now I'm talking about factory or OEM. Any owner could have installed different tires, suspensions and it's of course up to you to inquire just what they've done. You probably need to read the 7th Gen FAQ's just above your posting. They are really good and should answer many of your questions regarding differences between years, trim, etc. Good luck in your search. Hopefully you'll find a nice clean car!

·
Legitimate hack
1,673 Posts
Its HFP. Honda Factory Performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks for explaining that. Is there any way to tell when a car has the HFP suspension installed? I looked in the FAQ & couldn't find an answer.

·
Legitimate hack
1,673 Posts
When it's a hair lower than a standard Accord. The explanation was for the post above mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts