Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
As far as I have been able to figure out, High beam, Low beam and turn signal are all the same. Only the DRL are different. I had a part number for the plug that connects to the LED DRLs but I can't find it at the moment. I will look for it tomorrow - I think it might be mentioned in that monster 9th Gen Lighting thread.

I assume the easiest way to hook them up would be to pull the fuse for the High beam DLRs, hook up the high/low/turn directly. Leave the OEM strip light disconnected. Then use the OEM plug for the LED DRLs and wire it to a power source that is switched with the ignition, the same way the guys who are doing the retrofit with the LED bar are doing it.

Even when you get the harness I am not sure how it is wired. From the factory the OEM LED DRLs dim when headlights are on, I assume there are three wires coming out of the OEM plug - power, ground and signal to dim. But I don't know for sure or what color each is.

There seems to be quite a few people who have done this mod - the V6 guys are able to sell their headlights for almost the same price as a new pair :dunno: But nobody is sharing info on how to wire them up.

If you do figure this out please share...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts