Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will probably start a forum war by saying this, but, does anyone else notice how the Accord Sport has a definite sporty sedan look to it, whereas all other trims look like a much softer sedan? The subtle differences are really noticeable when they are side by side.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
The power of 18" rims and a trunk lip spoiler...

Jay

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Unless they are parked next to one another I can't really tell the difference unless I look for the Sport badge on the trunk.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
3rd Pedal
36 Posts
I may continue the forum war that you started, but Accords have always been soft sedans (or coupes) and still are whether it's a Sport or a V6 coupe. They don't jump out and scream "SEE ME" off the lot. It's just the Honda way ( S2000 excepted imo ). Some of us find that as a selling point.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may continue the forum war that you started, but Accords have always been soft sedans (or coupes) and still are whether it's a Sport or a V6 coupe. They don't jump out and scream "SEE ME" off the lot. It's just the Honda way ( S2000 excepted imo ). Some of us find that as a selling point.
Good point. Which is why I was surprised to see an Accord Sport trim made. But, when I was car shopping, I wanted the Accord Sport as soon as I saw it. And ultimately why I bought an Accord. If the Sport trim wasn't available, I possibly would have bought something else. My point is that they hit a home run with that trim, setting it apart from the other trims, and also appealing to a new group of buyers for an Accord.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
same here I wanted the Sport 6MT if not I would have purchased a 335i BMW but just the good looks of the sport and the ultra bargain low price made me pull the trigger on it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I like the looks of the Sport model due to the dual exhaust & 18" tires. But show-stopper for me is no moonroof or leather; too bad

·
HA-420
709 Posts
same here I wanted the Sport 6MT if not I would have purchased a 335i BMW but just the good looks of the sport and the ultra bargain low price made me pull the trigger on it.
So you would have gotten a 335i but then saw a 6mt Sport and decided you want that more??

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
I like the looks of the Sport model due to the dual exhaust & 18" tires. But show-stopper for me is no moonroof or leather; too bad
Me too. Also the CVT. I'm not scared of manuals but I'm also teaching my fiancee how to drive, and she is. She isn't scared of the V6 power though!

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
So you would have gotten a 335i but then saw a 6mt Sport and decided you want that more??
no I decided I wanted the extra 10k it would cost for a clean CPO 335 in my bank account. But now after owning the sport and having owned a 07 335 the Accord is a wet dog compared to the 335i 300+ ft of torque that is on tap at 1500rpm . But now I will keep the Accord for commuting and just enjoy the 87 octane fill ups :thmsup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
We basically paid a little more for some mods from the factory.. that's all. It's not anything dramatic, imo - tastefully done

·
3rd Pedal
36 Posts
We basically paid a little more for some mods from the factory.. that's all. It's not anything dramatic, imo - tastefully done
Well said. It's a nice looking all around mid size economy sedan that should age well in part because it doesn't scream for attention.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well said. It's a nice looking all around mid size economy sedan that should age well in part because it doesn't scream for attention.
Good comments. IMO, when you put an Accord Sport next to a Camry SE or Altima SV, there is no competition, as far as styling.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
Plus the dual exhaust. There are very few V6 sedans on the road.
This plus the lip spoiler on the trunk was why I got the 4 door over the 2 door. The 4 cylinder coupe's rims are smaller, and it only has the 1 exhaust so I thought it looked very cheap compared to the Sport sedan. Plus, the Sport has the nice gauge cluster and trim from the coupe - I thought the standard cluster looked a bit Toyotaish with the huge round non-italicized numbers and letters - sorry, but it's something I look at all the time when I'm in the car, so I'm very picky about it!

Really the Sport looks just like a V6 Touring, but about $10k less! V6 power would be nice though, but just not in my price range.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
440 Posts
i'd rather get the amenities that comes with EX or higher and just get the HFP rims rather than the Sport rims afterwards for a more sporty look

·
Registered
227 Posts
yes

The 18" wheels and the dual exhaust do give the Sport a spicy salsa flavor.

It is also an adult ride - doesn't stoop to a swoopy windshield swept back line that looks good but kills head room, entry and exit issues, and visibility.

Classy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts