Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything 'bout this product?

·
Elvira - the car
3,517 Posts
Never used it but essentially it recalibrates the electronics for the DBW (drive by wire) throttle.

Instead of getting the 50% throttle with the pedal halfway down it recalibrates it so you only need a quarter of the way down to get 50% throttle.

WOT starts earlier too!

Some equate that to curing the lag in response.

Technically I believe they call it TIP IN of the throttle.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Increases pedal sensitivity. Same as the weapon-r i throttle. Not worth the money IMO.

Owned one, caused the car to go into limp mode twice over a year and a half.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

·
port & polish everything
1,592 Posts
you are better off buying a ktuner, which actually adds power

·
Registered
688 Posts
yeah i wouldnt buy it. i throttle caused my car to go in limp mode like once a month, its not really the products fault, its something with Honda's OBDII port. its so crappy. anything that goes in there needs to be perfectly tight and secure otherwise you will get a bunch of codes and limp mode in your car

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I never had any limp mode issues with the i-throttle (and isn't the norm, we've sold a few hundred of them over the years).

But what the SprintBooster / I-Throttle are going to do is enhance the throttle signal. They won't add additional hp but just enhance throttle response/sensitivity. I do think it makes the car drive much differently and I enjoy it. I'd recommend it, but you can definitely save a bit and go with the Weapon-R I Throttle.

·
2012 Coupe V6 with Navi
238 Posts
I never have a problem with it and its one of my fav add on

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. Think I'll try the Weapon-R I Throttle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts