Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning every
I have a 2015 Accord LX
This past Monday my car started sputtering when taking off low RPM. My good friend has a tester and it showed a misfire in cylinder #3. Changed out all spark plugs changed out coil #3 air filter cleaned throttle body and injector cleaner (gas treatment) and still sputtering more in the morning time not sure what else to do many gas pump.... Any advise would get a great help thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Here's a trick I used to do on my Acura TL when a coilpack would go bad.
Start up the car and let it idle.
Then start removing each coil pack until you notice the engine sputter.
Lets say you remove coil # 3 and there is no change to engine idle. That would mean the problem lies within that coil or wiring.

It could also be bad gas but that would affect all cylinders and the DTC code triggered would reflect all.

After you replaced all those components did you happen to scan it again for a code?

·
Banned
14,431 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning every
I have a 2015 Accord LX
This past Monday my car started sputtering when taking off low RPM. My good friend has a tester and it showed a misfire in cylinder #3. Changed out all spark plugs changed out coil #3 air filter cleaned throttle body and injector cleaner (gas treatment) and still sputtering more in the morning time not sure what else to do many gas pump.... Any advise would get a great help thanks
Did you ever find out your problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts