Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past week or so, my brake pedal developed a squeak which presented itself with every little push on the brake... even when I was just tapping it. It was driving me nucking futs!

Got under the car and after disconnecting everything touching the brake arm (working the pedal and listening for squeak). Process of elimination let me to the pivot point at the very top of the brake arm. I wanted to grease it but I didn't want to pull it all out. I could have shot some spray white lithium, but that stuff doesn't last. I wanted heavy grease, so... I got an old toothbrush, dipped it in axle grease and brushed it around all sides of the pivot. Lo and behold, the damned thing still squeaked. Scratched my head for a second before remembering my $13 harbor freight heat gun. Got that out, shot some heat at it and that caused the grease to flow. Problem solved! So if you have this problem, there goes the fix. No heat gun? Use a hair dryer.

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Drew is MacGuyver.

Nice job!

·
07 I4 MT coupe
198 Posts
if this fixes the random squeak in my clutch pedal im going to shake your hand if I ever get the opportunity.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if this fixes the random squeak in my clutch pedal im going to shake your hand if I ever get the opportunity.
There is a plunger which is goes into the master cylinder. It is connected to the brake arm about halfway up, via cotter pin. I was praying that it wasn't the problem (squeaking from the MC) and it wasn't, but I did brush some grease on the cotter pin too. I imagine it's the same deal for the clutch pedal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts