Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2013 EX-L, Obsidian Blue
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver's seat squeaks constantly every time I move or hit a bump. It's very annoying...anyone else had that issue? I don't really want the dealer taking out the seat to fix it but I don't know how else they would be able to figure out what is causing the squeaking and creaking. Any ideas or thoughts, and/or has anyone else had this happen in their Accord?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
My driver's seat squeaks constantly every time I move or hit a bump. It's very annoying...anyone else had that issue? I don't really want the dealer taking out the seat to fix it but I don't know how else they would be able to figure out what is causing the squeaking and creaking. Any ideas or thoughts, and/or has anyone else had this happen in their Accord?
What's wrong with the dealer removing the seat to fix your problem? If they don't install it properly after fixing it have them do it again. They may just order you a whole new seat rather than spend time trouble shooting the squeak. It should be covered under the warrantee.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Take it in. Like Flyboy said, if its seat structure they will most likely order a new seat and replace. The liability is too high.

Jay

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this same exact issue with my EXL driver's seat. I thought it was just me. I plan to take mine in next week. It is very annoying.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Perhaps it's leather to leather contact with center console ? Mine does that and as temporary solution I put Lexol and it'll stop for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Perhaps it's leather to leather contact with center console ? Mine does that and as temporary solution I put Lexol and it'll stop for 2 weeks.
I considered that as well at first, but mine isn't the leather to leather that you mention. It is definitely something within the seat itself. Frustrating...

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have a squeak with my cloth seat in my ex coupe. i can only hear it if the radio is down and only when i press the clutch. when I press the clutch my thigh pushes down on the seat bottom ans creates a squeak from the fabric and something else coming in contact down there and rubbing together. not that big of a deal for me and something i dont think the dealer will fix. not sure if this is what you are noticing but its a possibility.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My local dealer looked at it and said it is caused by the seat frame. They ordered a new one and getting it installed next week. The squeaking is making me insane so I hope this is the solution!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Where is your squeak coming from noticed ours seems to squeak around the lumbar bolsters. Doesn't seem normal but that's what we got out of our dealer tech.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer replaced the seat frame this week and it is now squeak-free and I am gaining my sanity back!

The squeak from my seat was on the right side (while sitting) but I could not isolate it other than the lower portion of the seat. But the seat frame replacement seems to have done the trick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts