Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new 2014 LX sedan with 4 cylinder.
Squealing noise from the front when driving at lower speeds. Most time sounds like whistle; sometimes sounds like whining. This happens when driving or slowing down at speeds around 10-20 mph. Is this noise coming from CVT?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
What area of the vehicle does the noise seem to be coming from?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Does is sound like from under the hood or perhaps from the area of the brakes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I know what youre referring to. Is it kinda like a whiiiirrrrr and it goes away when you reach like 30mph? Like sorta like a supercharger whine sound...
I have a 2013 v6 coupe auto

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Funny that you want to get help but your responses so far are extremely vague. We are not mind readers. Come on...

·
Banned
251 Posts
:lmao:

Post some more details man.

Like someone said, if it sounds like a supercharger whir or whistle then it is normal according to Honda.

Usually occurs at low speed ~20mph and under

·
Registered
842 Posts
CVT whine
That's what I was thinking. Of course, that assumes the OP has a CVT. A little more detail on that would help.

I haven't heard any MT owners mention strange noises, but it wouldn't be the first time someone with a CVT did.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:lmao:

Post some more details man.

Like someone said, if it sounds like a supercharger whir or whistle then it is normal according to Honda.

Usually occurs at low speed ~20mph and under
Sorry, updated the OP. So this is normal CVT noise according to Honda? It is probably unique to this car...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So it's all normal according to Honda:
low speed ==> CVT whining
on the highway ==> B-bar noise as if the window is not fully closed
weird resistance when the car slows down on its own around 15-20 mph ==> CVT again?
Well designed+Great build!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
So it's all normal according to Honda:
low speed ==> CVT whining
on the highway ==> B-bar noise as if the window is not fully closed
weird resistance when the car slows down on its own around 15-20 mph ==> CVT again?
Well designed+Great build!
No....that's common to all 9th Gen Accords. It's an "interesting" sorta downshift programming phenomena I don't fully understand the why of......but you get used to it quickly.

As to the rest... I have no B-pillar wind noise issues but I've heard they sometimes exist due to seals not properly installed/seated. The CVT noises....can't help, I avoid CVTs at all cost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No....that's common to all 9th Gen Accords. It's an "interesting" sorta downshift programming phenomena I don't fully understand the why of......but you get used to it quickly.

As to the rest... I have no B-pillar wind noise issues but I've heard they sometimes exist due to seals not properly installed/seated. The CVT noises....can't help, I avoid CVTs at all cost.
CVT should downshift smoothly too. Can't they just copy Subaru CVT? Time to learn how to drive a manual...

·
Registered
923 Posts
CVT should downshift smoothly too. Can't they just copy Subaru CVT? Time to learn how to drive a manual...
Better hurry they are saying the manual is going to extinct in the next few years.

I love a manual and so does my girl but we are both over 50 so it is what we grew up with. My first was a Rambler 3 on the tree.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts