Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raise the front of the vehicle, and support it with safety stands in the proper locations. Remove the front wheels.

Disconnect the stabilizer links from the stabilizer bar on the right and left.

Remove the front suspension subframe (A) from the body.

Remove the flange bolts (B) and bushing holders (C), then remove the bushings (D) and the stabilizer bar (E).

Attachments

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Install the stabilizer bar in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

Note the right and left direction of the stabilizer bar.

Align the ends of the paint marks (A) on the stabilizer bar with each end of the bushings (B).

Note the fore/aft direction of the bushing holders.

Refer to Stabilizer Link Replacement to connect the stabilizer bar to the links.

Attachments

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rear

Raise the rear of the vehicle, and support it with safety stands in the proper locations. Remove the rear wheels.

Disconnect the stabilizer links from the stabilizer bar (A) on the right and left.

Remove the flange bolts and bushing holders (B), then remove the bushing (C) and the stabilizer bar.

Attachments

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Install the stabilizer bar in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

Align the ends of the paint marks (A) on the stabilizer bar with the bushing (B).

Refer to Stabilizer Link Replacement to connect the stabilizer to the links.

Attachments

·
Carpe Diem, Carpe Viam...
1,977 Posts
stabilizer bar = swaybar I take it...

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:yes: and things like this are why I have a hard time finding things from time to time.... Honda's terms aren't always the common terms.... then once I finally learn Honda's, they go & change it! :dunno:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
thanks, this will be useful in a few weeks. :D

princess, do you know if the rubber window gasket (the culprit for tint scratching) can be taken off easily by just pulling the door panel? i want to take them out to prevent scratching, but i dont want to be randomly disassembling stuff im not supposed to.

EDIT: if it helps, the "honda name" appears to be weatherstrip, going by honda parts sites.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey Princess :wave: You might also want to add the front suspension subframe removal instructions as well. I took me a good hour and a half to get it far enough down to wedge the sway bar out of there :thumbsdow . Actual sway bar replacement time, under 7 minutes.

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
subframe torque

Front Subframe Torque
After removing the subframe mounting bolts, front suspension subframe middle mounting rubber mounting bolts, front suspension subframe rear bracket mounting bolts, and front suspension subframe rear damper front mounting bolt, be sure to replace them with new ones.

Attachments

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front Subframe Alignment
NOTE:

Before removing the subframe, make an alignment mark for the front suspension subframe rear bracket as shown.

When installing, align both installation reference holes in the subframe with both reference holes in the body using a screwdriver or tapered punch as a guide.

After mounting the subframe and brackets loosely, align the reference marks with the edge of the rear brackets then tighten all bolts.

Attachments

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rear Subframe Torque
After removing the subframe mounting bolts, be sure to replace them with new ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thank you Princess. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're welcome. :D I try to put on what's asked for.... sometimes someone beats me to it... especially on MY weekend. :dunno:

·
1,977 Posts
Wow...guess thats why I am just going to upgrade my rear and leave the front alone...lol

princess said:
Install the [rear] stabilizer bar in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

Align the ends of the paint marks (A) on the stabilizer bar with the bushing (B).

Refer to Stabilizer Link Replacement to connect the stabilizer to the links.
What exactly does it mean by "Refer to Stabilizer Link Replacement to connect the stabilizer to the links"? Isn't it connected when you put on the bushings, align the bar, then bolt the bushing holders back in place? (using the correct torque) :dunno:

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you look at all the instructions they all show pictures with the endlinks disconnected, so connecting the endlinks is on another page.

The front did add some improvement in the cars feel, at least with around town driving, I'll be posting a full report after my weekly canyon run Thursday. I would do the rear sway and front strut bar first.

·
1,977 Posts
Greg S said:
If you look at all the instructions they all show pictures with the endlinks disconnected, so connecting the endlinks is on another page.
Princess...any chance you can post this too when you some free time? I just want to know everything about this mod before I go and do it in a few weeks time.

Greg S said:
I'll be posting a full report after my weekly canyon run Thursday. I would do the rear sway and front strut bar first.
With my best Homer impression...MMMM...Caynon Run....lol

·
0 Posts
princess said:
Front Subframe Alignment
NOTE:

Before removing the subframe, make an alignment mark for the front suspension subframe rear bracket as shown.

When installing, align both installation reference holes in the subframe with both reference holes in the body using a screwdriver or tapered punch as a guide.

After mounting the subframe and brackets loosely, align the reference marks with the edge of the rear brackets then tighten all bolts.
If I never plan on upgrading my fronts, is it safer bet to go with a 17mm sway bar versus a 20mm sway bar off the TL 6spd or does is not matter and is it irrespective??

·
Registered
64 Posts
princess said:
Raise the rear of the vehicle, and support it with safety stands in the proper locations. Remove the rear wheels.
I think it is much easier to just reverse up onto a set of ramps. That's how I did mine. No need to take the wheels off.

·
unhappy honda
475 Posts
Front Subframe Torque
After removing the subframe mounting bolts, front suspension subframe middle mounting rubber mounting bolts, front suspension subframe rear bracket mounting bolts, and front suspension subframe rear damper front mounting bolt, be sure to replace them with new ones.
Do the mounting bolts get warped when removed, or is this a step I might as well do when I have the front subframe lowered?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts