Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a 17" (Front) and 18" (Rear) staggered set up on my 2009 Honda Accord Coupe. What should I consider? Thanks for the information of "No directional tires".

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
Why?

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
News flash just out; Accords are front wheel drive and bigger in the rear will not make you faster but you might look cool to the tinni boppers in JR High though.

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,282 Posts
Staggered on a fwd is just poser IMHO. You are basically dragging bigger/heavier wheels around in the back for no reason other than aesthetics and arguably a bit better grip.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but to me its a just a method to trick people that its a RWD or AWD car. Once again, just my opinion... but there ya go.

(I'm betting I will get some heat from this comment lol)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Staggered on a fwd is just poser IMHO. You are basically dragging bigger/heavier wheels around in the back for no reason other than aesthetics and arguably a bit better grip.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but to me its a just a method to trick people that its a RWD or AWD car. Once again, just my opinion... but there ya go.

(I'm betting I will get some heat from this comment lol)
Nah I agree. If you look at my specs I’m actually running a half inch wider up front and they are a little more aggressive as far as offset. Basically ran it reversed of a rwd car. A lot of Time attack FWD cars run wider fronts for obvious reasons then there is drag cars lmfo

19x8.5 +33 up front 19x8 +30 out back. They are G35 wheels

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,282 Posts
I will say that's a good idea for the track (I do drag race a few times a year at the strip). I am always torn though between good looks and maximum performance. Oh the struggle is real

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honestly you can’t even see the half inch from the outside. I think with the sedan it works because apparently you can’t fit squat back there without trouble

18 Posts
Do what you want. Many of the famous builders (Rauh Welt, Rocket Bunny, Mooneyes, etc) and hot rodders are famous because they went against the grain. If you want to run 17s in the front, and 18s in the back go for it.

I had Godfather musical airhorns on my S13 back in the day. Guess what, it was awesome.

·
MT or death
344 Posts
Do what you want. Many of the famous builders (Rauh Welt, Rocket Bunny, Mooneyes, etc) and hot rodders are famous because they went against the grain. If you want to run 17s in the front, and 18s in the back go for it.

I had Godfather musical airhorns on my S13 back in the day. Guess what, it was awesome.
OP was "1-poster" from 7 years ago, haha. I wonder if he ever did go with this setup (I'm guessing no)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts