Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! I am very desperate and need help.

I just got a used 95 Accord LX 4-cyl. It was giving me a code 12 so I thought I would replace the EGR valve. I go to replace the valve and between he gasket, and valve and the EGR ports, there is sillycone holding it all together. So I scrape it all off and replace the valve and gasket. Now, it stalls whenever I come off the throttle and it sputters as it dies. Any ideas? The EGR and gasket are the only things I replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do an engine relearn procedure and see if your problem is corrected.
As in reset the ECU? I did that and the problem is still there, unfortunately. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes, ran the car at idle for 10-15 minutes, and shut the car off. I tried the car again and it still sputtered and died after returning from open throttle.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Did you already clean your IAC valve and its screen, the throttle body, and the EGR ports? At the minimum clean your IAC valve and do a relearn. This is all assuming you already did the other basics of checking the air filter, distributor cap, wires, spark plugs, PVC valve, etc. Is/was your idle up to specs before changing the EGR valve?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts