Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is stalling again replaced the main assy relay per another post .
yesterday while patroling a school doing security my car wont start alot of the time had to try several times. Then on the way home on the freeway it shut off no warning no dashlights came on as far as warning sat for a few mins then started back up i am now looking at fuel pump . thinking its going bad . am going to autozone today see if i can borrow a fuel pressure gauge hoping it will show me that is my problem . i have new transmisson i had rebuilt had a tune up just done and my oil changed . had new timing belt put on when bought car also has new water pump i am just hoping to get this fixed car only has 178 thousand .

honda accord 1999 lx 2.3l vtex 4cyl

please help me i have put alot of money into this.

thanks
j kibble

·
Second gear slammer!
310 Posts
how many miles on the vehicle? what type of gas are you running? and have you checked the fuel filter? does this happen when the car is mostly warm and been running, or does it do this all the time?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
has 178 on it stall on freeway while coming home so its warm stalled at work when been sitting . gas is unleaded most time from speedway . next step is to do pressure check on fuel filter hoping auto zone will lend me one . do you know what pressure should be or can i find it in the back of owners manual i am leaning toward the fuel filter ,

·
i now have 2 cars to break!!! MUWHAHAH!!!!
14,905 Posts
how bout the ignition switch? those were known to go bad on the accords and TL from around that era....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
called a place who works on honda told him what was happening he said we out thinking its the ignition switch taking it in monday when i get off work cost me 175 hope this is the last for awhile . he told me even though recall was done they fix not replace so the signs he has seen tells me ignition switch is bad .

so hope this fixes problem spent 3200 on getting it fixed with rebuilt transmission tune-up now ignition switch . well atleast i know i have almost brand new car now.
thanks for the help

·
i now have 2 cars to break!!! MUWHAHAH!!!!
14,905 Posts
let us know how she turns out.... :wave:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will hoping with these and him being so positive i hope my troubles are over got the mod kit order to make my dash lights blue cant wait to do them look cool on photos others have done . will get a new battery to might as well half my car has new pieces thanks for the help will let you know .

·
7th Gear
3,424 Posts
i will hoping with these and him being so positive i hope my troubles are over got the mod kit order to make my dash lights blue cant wait to do them look cool on photos others have done . will get a new battery to might as well half my car has new pieces thanks for the help will let you know .
I bet you will be relieved to have this problem fixed.

·
Second gear slammer!
310 Posts
i totally forgot about those ign switches.

stiller fan is right about that id imagine that should fix your problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and just because the recall was done doesnt mean ignition switch cant be bad as in my case

you better belive it going down freeway at 75 in middle lane and no engine can get pretty scare my light on my car runs off lighter and it runs off engine that doesnt help me so i pray this is it the mechanic is sure it is

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good new got a call it was ignition switch had it replace car starts right up .
runs like its brand new with new re built transmission tune up done new water pump new timing belt next week i will buy new battery this car should get me another 200000

1 - 12 of 12 Posts