try disconneting the battery for a few minutes, then reconnecting it
See page 577 of your owner's manual for the driving conditions required to reset the readiness codes:Should I just drive it a bit more and wait for it to go away?
Well this gets the Rube Goldberg award. What complex sequence you are required to go through. This is as bad as texting because you have to read this, no way you could remember the sequence. The owner's manual also tells you to remove the fender liner to replace the strip aux bulb when all you have to do is open the hood and grab the bulb. I think the battery is far better but Honda won't tell you that. My disdain is directed at Honda, not at your post.See page 577 of your owner's manual for the driving conditions required to reset the readiness codes:
1. Fill the gas tank to approximately 3/4 full.
2. Park the vehicle and leave the engine off for 6 hours or more.
3. Make sure the ambient temperature is between 40°F and 95°F (4°C and 35°C).
4. Start the engine without touching the accelerator pedal, and let it idle for 20
5. Keep the vehicle in (P (automatic transmission/CVT) or (N (manual
transmission). Increase the engine speed to 2,000 rpm, and hold it there for about
6. Let the engine idle with your foot off the accelerator for 20 seconds.
7. Select a nearby, lightly traveled major highway where you can maintain a speed
of 50 to 60 mph (80 to 97 km/h) for at least 20 minutes. Drive on the highway in
(D (automatic/CVT) or 5th (manual). Do not use cruise control. When traffic
allows, drive for 90 seconds without moving the accelerator pedal. (Vehicle speed
may vary slightly; this is okay.) If you cannot do this for a continuous 90 seconds
because of traffic conditions, drive for at least 30 seconds, then repeat it two
more times (for a total of 90 seconds).
8. Drive in city/suburban traffic for at least 10 minutes. When traffic conditions
allow, let the vehicle coast for several seconds without using the accelerator pedal
or the brake pedal.
9. Park the vehicle and leave the engine off for 30 minutes.