Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It turned on. And then I drove the hell out of it. Then I parked it. Zero fires and was not stranded. Just thought I would add a post about not being in a death trap or Honda is out to get me and my 401k.

·
More cars, more problems
142 Posts
Lucky you my car didn't start at all today!

...I also never left the house...

·
jayhawk1
66 Posts
It turned on. And then I drove the hell out of it. Then I parked it. Zero fires and was not stranded. Just thought I would add a post about not being in a death trap or Honda is out to get me and my 401k.
Nice post. My 2018 has been virtually faultless. I look for excuses to drive, just because I enjoy being in it so much. And when I walk out of a store---which doesn't happen very often these days---I'm really glad to see it, esp. with the Enkei TFR wheels I put on it. Great car

·
Registered
335 Posts
Awesome... I also have had no issues with my 2018. I have loved every minute of my journey in this car. As with every car i have owned i very seldom leave things stock. But with this car, its not been over done since the mod market is still slim in pickings. Anyway, Love the car... Great post

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
240 Posts
Nice, sounds like a Honda!
Did you come from a Hyundai/Kia perhaps?

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 1500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
149 Posts
I do have one problem with my '20 Sport 2.0T.

We drove to a national park in northern Saskatchewan on Sunday. (Staying in a cabin; nice and pandemic-friendly.) There has been a lot of snow up here.

After driving down some of the park roads for awhile, the rear of the car gets covered in snow!

That's it. That's my only complaint.

By the way, Continental VikingContact 7 winter tires rock. Really happy with them. This week was their best test.

·
Registered
335 Posts
LOL thats kinda funny

·
Registered
306 Posts
Do year old cars randomly combust now or something?

·
MT or death
228 Posts
I can't help but wonder if this post is a reference to this thread:

Reactions: TX Accord

·
MT or death
228 Posts
Pretty much my favourite thread ever.
We haven't heard from him again... Legend has it the bloodthirsty hybrid rose from the crusher to finish the job...:eek:

·
Registered
2020 Accord EX-L 1.5T
31 Posts
...Just took a drive. With pandemic induced working from home, cold winter weather (currently), I spend more time in the house than I can remember ever. My escape is my Accord. I gotta drive it somewhere at least once every couple of weeks. Other than getting gas once every month or two, I generally don't stop on my little road trips unless I end up at, say, an empty beach where they still allow people to pull in and park facing the water to watch the waves, and only a few other people with roughly the same idea are there. Just driving the car is so relaxing. Putting on some favorite music is a bonus.

Reactions: grumpypolecat

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord, Coupe, Touring (V6, 6AT), 2017 Honda Accord Sedan, EXL V6 w/ Navi, Sensing
169 Posts
I tuned up our '18 Sport yesterday afternoon. 6500 rpm in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th...
Lol. What’s that type of a tune up called?

And what does 6500 rpm in 5th equate to in mph (since I’m sure it’s in the hauling freight neighborhood)?

·
More cars, more problems
142 Posts
And what does 6500 rpm in 5th equate to in mph
Assuming he has stock retained wheel diameter and with 235/50 tires...
With the 6MT final drive ratio being 3.824 and 5th gear ratio being 0.848, at 6500 RPM you would be going roughly 270KM/h or 168MPH. That's straight to jail around these parts :p

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Ha!
Your thread reminds me of this skit on Monty Python's Matching Tie & Handkerchief..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts