Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I had little issue where my car didn't want to start after pushing the start button and pushing the clutch pedal in. After a few tries it started up.
Now today it did it again this morning and after work this light came on:

The car starts only after pushing the start button for about 2 seconds.
I took it to my closest Honda dealer since they were still opened. They checked the battery but told me to go back tomorrow because there were not technician's on duty at that time.

Anybody else has had this light come on? I have 6640 miles.

·
HA-420
709 Posts
I haven't had that light come on.

Just out of curiosity, which dealer did you take it? Which dealer did you buy from?

Sent from my iPad Air

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had that light come on.

Just out of curiosity, which dealer did you take it? Which dealer did you buy from?

Sent from my iPad Air
I took it to showcase Honda. I bought it from Superstition Honda but I've taken this car to arrowhead Honda too haha. I much rather take it to arrowhead but its like 30 miles away from me and showcases is only 7 miles away.

·
HA-420
709 Posts
I took it to showcase Honda. I bought it from Superstition Honda but I've taken this car to arrowhead Honda too haha. I much rather take it to arrowhead but its like 30 miles away from me and showcases is only 7 miles away.

Ha ok. Beware of Right! Not the greatest service department. But their Parts department rocks.

Anyways, good luck with your starter issue. Maybe a bad solenoid or something?

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha ok. Beware of Right! Not the greatest service department. But their Parts department rocks.

Anyways, good luck with your starter issue. Maybe a bad solenoid or something?

Sent from my HTC One
Haha thanks. Yeah I've been to the bell Honda parts dept and they were great. I wouldn't suggest superstition Honda for service. I'll see how showcase service is.
Yeah hopefully it'll be something simple and quick to fix.

Update:

I went to the dealer and the technician plugged it to their machine but it wasn't picking any error codes. He tested the battery and it checked out good. He installed a new battery and that fixed it. The starter system light is gone.
The service advisor said he hadn't seen anything like that but it was weird.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Should also be able to hold the button down if that warning light is on.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should also be able to hold the button down if that warning light is on.
The start button?

So the light back up last night -_-

So I'll be back at the dealer again on Friday to have them check it out again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem...I put my foot on the brake then push the start button to try to start it but it will make a clicking sound and it won’t start. Also, the “Starter System” warning light comes on. I have had the battery tested at O’Reillys and they indicated it was good. We removed the starter and had it tested at O’Reillys and they indicated it was good. I cleaned the paint off the body where the negative ground wire attaches and that did not help either. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I am having the same problem...I put my foot on the brake then push the start button to try to start it but it will make a clicking sound and it won’t start. Also, the “Starter System” warning light comes on. I have had the battery tested at O’Reillys and they indicated it was good. We removed the starter and had it tested at O’Reillys and they indicated it was good. I cleaned the paint off the body where the negative ground wire attaches and that did not help either. Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
What MY and transmission?

Still might be the battery, as in post #5, above.

The manual for my '16 EX CVT with Push/Start says when the Starter System warning appears:
"As a temporary measure, press and hold the ENGINE START/STOP button for up to 15 seconds while pressing the brake pedal and manually start the engine. Have your vehicle checked by a dealer."

So maybe you can get it started that way and get it to a shop...

·
Registered
2 Posts

11/28/20 UPDATE - I replaced the starter with a Duralast Gold starter over a month ago and it has started every time with no problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts