Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My Honda Accord 2006 takes longer time to start the engine, when i switch my key in to ignition,

is this the problem of Battery or Spark Plugs...or something else?

please assist me to resolve this issue.

Aqueel

·
06 Accord Coupe 5spd
14 Posts
Do you have a 4cyl? If so, the lack of starting battery power is a common complaint by owners. I'd suggest a v6 battery upgrade. If that's not the case, when is the last time you did your plugs and wires?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Yes i have 4cyl, technically i dont have clear idea on battery capacity
which is mounted in my car, if there is any method to boost the power of battery?

Second i had recently bought this car and i am 3rd owner with 246K, Kms.

Cant say more about the maintainance, but this is the only minor issue i have encounter.

Regards,
Aqueel

·
06 Accord Coupe 5spd
14 Posts
Every battery is rated with Cold cranking amps, and the battery in the I4 is rather low. There is a thread on here for the battery upgrade, it's not very hard so anybody with the ability to turn a wrench and a brief reading on electricity (to understand any dangers, grounding, etc) and it shouldn't be a problem. You could always check your plugs just to see if they're worn down substantially as they are very accessible, but I doubt that would be the issue just because the battery complaint is so common. Sorry I can't offer more specific help, if you could post a vid of what it starts like, I'd be able to help more. But no problem with the reply, that's what we're here for :D

·
2006 Accord EX-L i4 4D
229 Posts
Based on the fact that you listed the odometer reading in KMs . . are you in Canada?

If so, the weather is getting cool this time of year. The already undersized battery of ?? age is probably not putting out a ton of cranking amps. Even if it "passes" a battery test, it may be worth the v6 upgrade. I did mine, and it starts right up, even below 0. If you search, I posted pics and everything about a year ago.

Is it that the engine is turning slowly, or that it turns quickly but for a long time? The slow turning is a sign of a weak battery, the long time to fire up could point to plugs. If it's turning normally with no odd noises, its probably not your starter.

·
You're easy money.
406 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but since I did my V6 battery upgrade I've had problems starting my car. First it would take a while to crank, but now especially first thing in the morning it will take 2-3 attemps for it to actually start. If I try and start it, it will crank then just give up and all those lights will come on the dashboard as if it was in acc II position. Then I'll try again and it will start fine. I got a full test and my battery, Alternator, and Starter are fine. One technician told me it could be my crank position sensor, another is saying my throttle body needs to be cleaned. Common sense is telling me its the battery since this started happening around the time I changed it, but as long as the test says its a good battery Pep Boys won't warranty I cant warranty it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts