• No, that's my parking sensor

• No, that's my roadkill bug collection

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, I was wondering what do you think about front bumper on 9.5 without plate in it. I am not sure how ugly of a mess will be left behind the plate holder as I have seen some very ugly drilled holes on brand new vehicles from dealer. Are there perhaps a body color push buttons that can be inserted as covers. I really do not feel like driving around with holes in the bumper. Order another painted MSM bumper cover ?

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,080 Posts
My car doesnt have a front plate.

Wanna trade cars?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
17,080 Posts
I am afraid you will change your mind once you'll find out that you would not be able to start it while rolling down a hill.
That's fine, cause you cant reverse mine going uphill right now anyways.

Even trade, I think... lol

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to have '90 Galant that would not drop into drive gear once warmed up. I had to rip close to 1500 rpms for some time in order for it engage, it would drop in beautifuly on a cold engine. That was quite the inconvenience to back out the parking spot and get stuck there in no man's land for some time, lots people were pissed off because of it. To solve that I used to back into parking spots when ever possible.

·
17,080 Posts
I've been parking either uphill, or the forward spot since Saturday.

Almost ran into an issue in DC yesterday. Thought the road dead-ended, and all the driveways were flat.

Luckily, there was a small loop in the street where I can just continue moving forward.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thirsty thirty dollhairs for two painted bumper plugs plus shipping. Those better be of a very good quality with perfectly matched paint.

·
CD5 to CR2
205 Posts
Thirsty thirty dollhairs for two painted bumper plugs plus shipping. Those better be of a very good quality with perfectly matched paint.
They're actually a perfect match. I used them on my previous bumper.
A couple of people around here made their own with stuff you can find at hd/lowes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Imo my state requires front plates (I think) so I just kept them on. I would really want to know how big the holes in the car are before I went with removing the plates as a permanent solution

·
Registered
3 Posts
[
My car is Lunar Silver Metallic and the plugs are a perfect match and the quality seems to be very good. I was put off by the price at first but then started thinking about the time and materials it would take to make them myself and decided to just buy them.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,455 Posts
My state, Louisiana, doesn't require front plates, yet the idiot dealerships still drill holes in bumpers just to install their dealership name plates. Luckily my car's bumper hadn't been drilled yet, so I have no holes. Yea! for the un-mutilated bumper.
The dealership had installed the front plate bracket on my 03 Accord, but the bracket bolted under the lip of the bumper, so the holes were not visible when the bracket was removed. Just another form of cost cutting I guess, but I hate the idea of dealerships drilling holes in brand new cars, just to add a plate for advertisement. It's just wrong.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imo my state requires front plates (I think) so I just kept them on. I would really want to know how big the holes in the car are before I went with removing the plates as a permanent solution
The holes are slightly less that 1/4" .

I didn't realize how much dirt get in there and stays behind front plate.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At least the Accord had the license plate bracket installed on it making it not so bad. The 'ol Yoder had plate screwed into the bumper directly.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts