Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen somewhere on here (8th gen i believe) where a stealth looking backup camera was installed. I've searched the forum and have no luck with ideas on cameras for the Gen7. If anyone has any suggestions for a B/U camera that doesn't mount to the license plate then help me out. Oh, an opinions for putting some sort of small monitor in the cubby hole. links, tips, pics

Thanks in advance
-sam

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no navi :(
The ebay cameras look nice if they were for the Gen7
not entirely sure but i believe their might be some differences in the plate lights

·
Registered
129 Posts
I did the 3.5 in the sunglasses holder and it got to the point where I did not use it. Then I bought a rear view mirror withe lcd and I love it and use it more often. On ebay search for the bmw back up camera, it has a threaded piece that can be put above the license plate. Look for the round plastic button and punch it out, then use a dremel, after a few minutes or so then take out the plastic piece that holds the license plate and back up lights. Thread the camera thru there and then it all back together. I know a picture could say a thousand words, but I have remove that camera and replaced with a different one.

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,357 Posts
no navi :(
The ebay cameras look nice if they were for the Gen7
not entirely sure but i believe their might be some differences in the plate lights
I have the 8th gen camera that MrLee referenced installed on my 03 Sedan. It does fit. A bit tight, but does work. Question is do you have one or two tag lights on your coupe? My sedan only has one so it fits perfectly centered. I've seen on some of the Accords, two tag lights. Therefore you won't be able to have the camera centered. However, I believe the assembly is still the same so it should still fit.

The view on my Navi using a TVandNav2go module:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Are the meters and stop line accurate? If not, are they adjustable?

Looks like a clean and unintruding install, and now you've got two tag lights! HOw do they perform compared to OEM tag lights?

Coupe has two, I believe.

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,357 Posts
The lines are not adjustable. Unfortunately, their not in feet either. Must be in meters or some other kind of metric measurement. At the "10" mark, you have about a foot and a half behind you. I also have the sensors so I use them in conjunction with the camera.

The tag light output is about the same I think. Maybe a little brighter.

Probably the best part of how this camera is mounted is that you are less likely of getting it wet during rain or washing your car. Went through several of the license plate mounted camera's due to that.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I did the 3.5 in the sunglasses holder and it got to the point where I did not use it. Then I bought a rear view mirror withe lcd and I love it and use it more often. On ebay search for the bmw back up camera, it has a threaded piece that can be put above the license plate. Look for the round plastic button and punch it out, then use a dremel, after a few minutes or so then take out the plastic piece that holds the license plate and back up lights. Thread the camera thru there and then it all back together. I know a picture could say a thousand words, but I have remove that camera and replaced with a different one.
i would think about getting a rear view with the LCD but i use a broadway mirror so that wont work.. =/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i like calamitys setup. i do have the two plate lights but i think i could make it work.
another question is where i dont have the navi option what kind of monitor could i use with the camera being hardwired instead of the "wireless" monitors thats out there

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keoke, where did you get your monitor in the mirror? Is it a clip-on style?

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,357 Posts
My setup originally came with a monitor mirror. I didn't like it at all. The monitor was too small, the mirror was blue tinted (made it even more difficult to see out the back tinted window at night) and it just slid over the existing mirror so it wasn't very stable (vibrated too much). To each their own though. You can find them all over the place on eBay.

·
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L
912 Posts
Here is my ebay camera setup

·
Registered
231 Posts
Heres mine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts