Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been using an aftermarket HU for some time since my CD changer failed. I fixed it recently looking an OEM look. My steering wheel controls work fine when the wheel is centered (tires facing straight) except sometimes my volume up/down will change the station(happens randomly). When I turn the wheel the audio controls do not work even after a full spin (wheels turned in either direction, steering wheel straight). My horn and cruise work on all the range of motion. . I'm puzzled as I would guess if the clock spring was bad my cruise/horn would be affected too. Any ideas?

·
Registered
323 Posts
My aftermarket HU controls stopped working intermittently then it got really bad and pretty much would barely work. The place that installed it replace the resistor and it worked perfect after that. It may just seem like it only works when your wheel is a certain way but maybe not. He was also saying that if you have a metra steering wheel controls they don't have resistors ( I wish I knew before I bought mine)so no need to worry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts