Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The infamous clicking is back in the steering wheel, and worse than ever. Dealer has lubed and replaced several parts in it the last two times I was in (almost a year ago). Well, evidently they don't warranty thier own work, and say that since car has over 60k on it that Honda won't warranty it either. Has anyone else found out what will actually FIX this problem? I don't want to throw money and parts at this car just to end up back where I started in a few months again.

Thanks.

John T.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, took it to a different dealer after talking to Honda American. Explained that it had been lubed, had the cable reel replaced, and the steering column replaced and the problem was back again. Got it to Eskridge Honda here in OKC this morning. After checking it out, he called and said that when they replaced the steering column that they put the old-style back in it that doesn't have the updated bearings, and on top of that the cable reel they had installed was broken.

Honda Ok'd the work under goodwill and put in another steering column (updated version - and torqued to specs) and a new cable reel. Said that I shouldn't have this problem again and apologized for having to deal with this for so long.

I am a Happy Honda driver again!

Love to Eskridge and to Honda!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Glad you got it all taken care of. Big relief I'm sure ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Good result. Sounds like Honda stepped up on this one.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Glad it worked out well for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts