Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got done with installing the coilovers but I'm having some small problems here and there. For starters, when I'm driving, I hear some squeaky noises in the back right. I'm assuming those are the stabilizer links but if not, do any of you guys know what it could be?

Secondly, I've had my front coilovers done for about 2 weeks and nothing was wrong with the alignment. Today I got done with the back and now when I drive, the steering wheel is tilting to the left a little bit while I'm driving straight. How do I fix that?

·
BringTheIntegraBack
256 Posts
I'm speculating here but unless you hit some serious potholes and knocked your car out of alignment, your steering wheel is "tilting" left because you are being forced to steer left. You are being forced to steer left because your back wheels (one or both) are steering right (assuming that the front job was fine as you say, and that the back end was the one that initiated this "tilting"). Check your back end work and align the car.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm speculating here but unless you hit some serious potholes and knocked your car out of alignment, your steering wheel is "tilting" left because you are being forced to steer left. You are being forced to steer left because your back wheels (one or both) are steering right (assuming that the front job was fine as you say, and that the back end was the one that initiated this "tilting"). Check your back end work and align the car.
I think you're right...the back right wheel has a small angle that's noticeable to the eye

·
Registered
206 Posts
So you put coilovers on all 4 wheels and you don't need an alignment? You need to put that thing on the rack and have them straightened out. Whenever you change those components of your suspension there is a change in the geometry/angle of the suspension parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts