Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 accord sport and I started noticing when I turn the steering wheel either way it makes sounds. It sounds like something is rubbing. The more you turn the wheel the more sounds you here. Not extremely loud but noticeable. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue? It also will do it with no key in the ignition so it seems like something internal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would get it check if I were you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the exact same problem. I was just about to create a thread on this myself.

My story is that the car has only recently starting doing this, maybe the last month or so (bought the car in February). So I am concerned for sure.

I will take it to the dealer, but I am also thinking that I want to try to fix it myself. My question is this: how difficult is it to remove the steering wheel and look at the cabling? I'm relatively good with my hands and tools, but want advice if I should not even try myself.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
My question is this: how difficult is it to remove the steering wheel and look at the cabling? I'm relatively good with my hands and tools, but want advice if I should not even try myself.

What do you guys think?
That is one thing I wouldn't even think of doing. Lots of SRS crap in the steering wheel. You could set off your air bag. Also I think I remember reading you can collapse the steering column if you hit it with the wheel removed. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I know mine makes a noise when turning steering wheel but mine sounds like a spring type noise when turning and driving especially in reverse

·
Banned
784 Posts
It is normal sound of Electric Power Steering

I have a 2013 accord sport and I started noticing when I turn the steering wheel either way it makes sounds. It sounds like something is rubbing. The more you turn the wheel the more sounds you here. Not extremely loud but noticeable. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue? It also will do it with no key in the ignition so it seems like something internal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This is normal sound from an electric power steering pump. Both my 2013 Accord and 2014 Camry make this noise when I turn the steering wheel. It is a peculiar sound of an electric power steering pump. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This is normal sound from an electric power steering pump. Both my 2013 Accord and 2014 Camry make this noise when I turn the steering wheel. It is a peculiar sound of an electric power steering pump. Nothing to worry about.
Thank you! I have been looking for an explanation for the steering wheel noise since the first time I heard it with the stereo turned off. :thmsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know mine makes a noise when turning steering wheel but mine sounds like a spring type noise when turning and driving especially in reverse
Mine just started making the same type of noise about a month ago - definitely didn't make this sound when new (10,000 miles on the car now).

I will have this looked at during my next oil change.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey guys, do you hear a loud squealing or squealing noise from the brakes? If so, you may need TSB 12-081. Take a look here:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78241
Honda TSB 12-081
Front Brakes Squeal or Scrape

SYMPTOM
While turning, a squealing or scraping noise is heard from the front brakes.

PROBABLE CAUSE
The disc brake pad retaining clip (retainer) shifted and is touching the rotor.

VEHICLES AFFECTED
2013 Accord – 2-Door L4 (Except LX)
From VIN 1HGCT1...DA000001 thru 1HGCT1...DA002001

2013 Accord – 2-Door V6 (Except LX)
From VIN 1HGCT2...DA000001 thru 1HGCT2...DA000937

2013 Accord – 4-Door L4 (Except LX)
From VIN 1HGCR2...DA000001 thru 1HGCR2...DA050377

2013 Accord – 4-Door V6 (Except LX)
From VIN 1HGCR3...DA000001 thru 1HGCR3...DA009828

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Center the retainer in the brake pad holder, and apply a thin coat of Molykote M77 to the edges of the brake pads where they contact the retainer.
Mine started doing it at 12,000 miles. I had Honda perform TSB 12-081 about 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard the noise ever since.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine was making a faint clicking. Went to the dealer and of course, it wasn't doing it. It started about a month after owning the car and doesn't do it all the time. I've been eye balling the forum for a fix. In the meantime, it isn't getting any worse. (V6 coupe MT)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts