Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
khol
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past June I got a 2007 Accord SE with 92,000 miles to replace my very unreliable 2003 Toyota Camry LE.

Since I got it I have not had any problems other than with the steering wheel. For some reason I have to have to have it turned slightly to the left at (maybe 2-3 degrees) to go straight. When the wheel is straight the car goes slightly to the right.

I had the tires balanced, aligned, and rotated by the dealership about three weeks ago which did not fix it. Also I have checked the tire pressures several times and they are what they should be.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the potential cause of the problem or how to solve it?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ignoring the position of the steering wheel and directing the car in a straight line, does it drift/pull to one side?

If it "pulls" to the right by making the steering wheel straight, the car is most likely not pulling but only going to the right because thats where you're steering. If this is the case, the steering wheel needs to be straightened by redoing the alignment

An actual drift/pull would be if you let go of the steering wheel (whether its straight or crooked) as the car is going straight, and then it goes to one side all the time

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Do it act the same in different lanes?

It could be the tires

·
khol
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ignoring the position of the steering wheel and directing the car in a straight line, does it drift/pull to one side?

If it "pulls" to the right by making the steering wheel straight, the car is most likely not pulling but only going to the right because thats where you're steering. If this is the case, the steering wheel needs to be straightened by redoing the alignment
It does not pull to either side when I am not holding the wheel.

As for the tires, they are rotalla f108's which are cheap pieces of junk that the previous owner put on the car less than a year ago.

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,662 Posts
Is it the road?

Roads are built with a crown in the middle, so the water runs off both sides equally. If you are in the right lane, you may need to turn it a little to the left to go straight, and vica versa in the left lane. 2-3 degrees is a minimal amount and that could be it, especially if it doesn't pull to one side or the other as mentioned.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Everyone here has good advice and pointers, but I am going to go with mc1114.

My car's steering wheel was not "centered" when I bought it. Everything else drove straight, no pulling, everything was perfect. The alignment shop just "centered" the steering wheel so that it is "straight" when I am going straight. Bike mechanics do this all the time.

As for the crown in the road- man, I can tell you some roads I've been on where I WISH they had a crown!

And those tires are lousy. I saw a review on TireRack.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rotalla sounds like something served under marinara sauce.

·
khol
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I am scheduling a follow up for the alignment I recently had done hopefully that will fix it.

As for the idea of the road crowning that is what I thought it was at first but the wheel is off on every road I have driven on.

As for the Rotalla, tires they are complete garbage. They squeal when I acclerate from a stop or turn in dry weather and skid out in wet weather. I am amazed something so terrible and unsafe can be sold in the US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts