Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 5 speed, 07 Accord has been shaking while driving. Visible on the steering wheel at any speed. Progressively gets worse at higher speeds. I've had the wheels balanced, tires rotated and the front axles replaced. Still the problem persists.

I don't want to get rid of her yet. Please help. She only has 183k

·
2004 Honda Accord LX 4cyl
9 Posts
Where are you located? I live in the rust belt and just had a similar problem with a 2011 Mazda that I recently purchased. I had pretty bad shaking/vibration at higher speeds and also at lower speeds but not as bad. My problem turned out to be rust around the rotor/hub and pretty severe corrosion on the back of the aluminum wheels. The wheels were probably the biggest part of the problem. With everything cleaned up the vibration went away. I had previously replaced the front wheel bearings, ball joints and outer tie rod ends. The wheel bearings were giving me a grinding noise and the tie rods and ball joints were clunking. Neither of these previous fixes seemed to have a positive affect on the vibration.

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
You replaced the axles with which brand?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the help. I'm in Jersey. Not sure what the brand shocks were used. My uncle's friend did the work, but since it is still an issue he is taking the car on Friday to do a more thorough overview. (He is a mechanic and has been swamped lately so he wasn't able to look at it or do the work). I will ask about all your suggestions. Let you know how it turns out.

·
Roll Tide!
7,413 Posts
I've had the wheels balanced, tires rotated and the front axles replaced.
So no mention of shocks here.
You replaced the axles with which brand?
And @RickBlaine did NOT ask about what brand shocks you used. He asked about axles because your post stated axles, not shocks.
Not sure what the brand shocks were used. My uncle's friend did the work
And you answered his question with this, why? Must be a "Jersey thang", huh? Lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
jimijam
Drive Accord Honda Forums
Drive Accord forum, a community where Honda Accord owners can discuss reviews, service, parts, and share mods.
Full Forum Listing