Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So yesterday I swapped a leather steering wheel in my EX accord and I can not get the steering wheel to be aligned like it came from the factory. There was no alignment mark on either of the steering wheels but there is on the hub that it bolts to. I have taken it off and tried three times only moving it one tooth each time. It is either too far left or too far right. Is it customary to get an alignment after replacing the steering wheel? Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
152 Posts
id did the same thing, i even marked it and all,

i've tried the civic si steering wheel, and it bolts in, even airbag harness will plug it w/o problem

the only problem was all the wiring for the radio and cruise control will need to be rewired,

and to fix that problem, YES, YOU WILL NEED ALIGNMENT

after alignment, everything is back to normal again

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Pulling up an old thread b/c I'm thinking about swapping to a leather wheel.

I've never pulled a steering wheel, but I'd think the new one would simply bolt in, exactly where the old one was. Why would you need an alignment?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I swapped the stock leather steering wheel for a JDM Inspire wheel a few years ago and it lined up perfectly. I don't know why there would be an issue.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Shyte...may not matter at this point. Dealers have jacked the price up on these to $300+.:furious:

The few ebay ones I see show wear. Any other sources for these?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Odyssey leather steering wheels are pretty much the same except they have little holes in them and can be gotten on ebay for cheap.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts