Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banana:Hello everyone... I'm selling my old '04 Accord stereo on Ebay. It's got the in-dash 6cd changer, XM radio, dual climate control. Faceplate # is 7BK1. A prospective buyer wants to know if he can attach his faceplate to my stereomodule. His faceplate # is 7BK0. He said his 6 cd changer crapped out and wants to buy mine and just switch the faceplates. Will this work???
Thanks!

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts
What he needs to do is swap the CD changer assembly only. His stereo tuner motherboard and display is not XM ready, yours is. So he can't swap the entire CD/Tuner module.

He needs to remove your CD/Tuner module from your stereo, and then remove the Tuner motherboard from the CD Changer mechanism. He will take the CD Changer mechanism only, and swap it with his broken changer. He would use his security code because he retained his tuner motherboard with the new changer assembly. That would work.

Of course if you both have the same body style (sedan, for example) and dual climate control, he doesn't need to swap anything. He can install your stereo because they would both have the same dash illumination and climate control. It will function normally without the XM feature, and if he installs an iPod kit, he could have text display in XM mode.

UPDATE: Since he has a 2003 Stereo without XM, the tuner module is different because the 14-pin connector is on the bottom, not the back like yours. Since he only needs the CD Changer mechanism, I would assume those are the same. So he might be able to swap the CD Changer mechanism into his stereo. Advise him that he would be buying this at his own risk if he plans to swap the CD changer only. On the other hand, if his dash illumination is different, coupe v. sedan, he could always attempt to swap the main board behind the buttons in order to switch the illumination color on your stereo. The LCD backlight is the same, but the button illumination is different between the sedan and the coupe (green v. red).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE:
I ended up selling the stereo to a young lady who owns an '03. Her faceplate number is 2ACO and she had a single CD player, but everything else I did. She received the stereo a week ago and was scheduled to have it installed the next day. I haven't heard back from her yet regarding any problems, so I'm assuming everything went smoothly.

:thmsup:
:banana:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Prim and Proper
819 Posts
did you put it up in the classifieds section?

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,499 Posts

·
Prim and Proper
819 Posts

·
Prim and Proper
819 Posts
classifieds on this forum if you're looking to sell it. Go to the main forum then scroll down to the Classifieds thread

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello my first post!! I have a 2ACO with a crapped out stereo (Atleast sometimes). I have learned that I cannot install a 7BK2 because none of the AC controls will function. Could I take the 6 disk changer from the 7BK2 and install it on my motherboard and faceplate?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts