Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to have a family member give up driving and as a result I was given the car. I got a 2002 Honda Accord LX with only 50K miles. Now I want to start making it my own and the first thing I want to do is upgrade the basic stereo unit. I don't want to break the bank but want something decent and something with a screen. I've installed stereos before, but my main question in this:

-The A/C and heater controls are above the stereo head unit. So...will a motorized pop-up screen give enough space to operate the controls or will I have to go with a single-din drop-down, or standard single/double din?

-Is there any good single-din with screen out there. Everything I can find seems to have really poor reviews.

If someone has a picture of a pop-up screen in front of their A/C and heater controls, that would also be nice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
+1 on the Crutchfield. I have always purchased my after market head units from them. They will provide you with all the info you need to diy.

·
Clermont, FL
206 Posts
i fell into this same problem with my accord coupe, well all of the interiors are the same anyways, i wanted a single din screen that didnt cover the ac controls, i went with this, trust me has never givin me any problems for the past 5 years, i have a nintendo wii hooked up with it. it wont break ur bank either.

i dont have my car at the moment, but u can kinda see it.
IMG_2941.jpg

·
Clermont, FL
206 Posts
:grin i think i have forgotten to tell you i have a nintendo wii in there. yeah its taking up the second din. :nerd

·
Clermont, FL
206 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,637 Posts
I hope you're not playing Mario Kart while driving!!!

Oh, and rotating my head left hurts my neck, lol.

·
Clermont, FL
206 Posts
lol nahhh, chill... idk why the photos do that :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts