Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a 2014 Accord sport trim sedan. I've been looking around the forum a little bit but wanted some advice. I'm a complete goon with installing a stereo or what components to purchase. I'll likely have someone professional install. I want something decent to listen to tunes as I have a 75 mile commute to work every day and like to zone out with a good car audio. The stock system is awful. I see a lot of people are buying the tweeter panels from the higher trim models. I would like to do that and change out the 4 speakers and a possible small sub. I don't want a ridiculous amount of bass that will rattle the car. I see a lot of people are using the polk audio 5251 or the 6501 because the tweeter is plug and play with the tweeter panel. I mostly listen to electronic music.

Any suggestions on a build?? I'm looking at $1000-$1500 budget including install. Doesn't have to be that expensive though.

Thanks in advance. If you need any other info let me know.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Install is going to eat up quite a bit of that budget, but that's okay. I think a 5 channel amp (bridged on the fronts)...don't run rears and a sub that can play relatively high to give you a slight midbass bump since you listen to EDM most often would be your best direction.

- Higher trim sail panels
- Component set for FRONT (unless you pick up a 5 channel that can run active and you can get some better speakers than what comes in 99% of budget component sets)
- 5 Channel amp
- Deadening (& sealing if budget allows) for front doors and rear deck
- Install accessories (if you don't know what you need here I can break that down also)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts