Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here tried fitting an sti lip on the front bumper? (without hfp kit)? If not, do you guys think it would fit as it did on the 8thgen coupes?

Attachments

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
The 9th is wider, I don't see that working.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone here tried fitting an sti lip on the front bumper? (without hfp kit)? If not, do you guys think it would fit as it did on the 8thgen coupes?
FWIW that Accord is really really nice looking, it looks really aggressive from the front without looking like its been modified by a high schooler, didn't think I would say that about an Accord, is it just a splitter? I mean don't get me wrong I like my 9th gen Touring from the front especially the headlights it looks great, but it doesn't look as fast as it actually is, that one has a performance vehicle appearance.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I remember a while back someone had a sti lip that they were going to try... havent heard back from them. and cant remember the thread :/

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
I have seen those on a few 8th gens. They look great. I have to admit, I think with minor upgrades the 8th gen does have a slightly classier/sexier look then the 9th gens. I too am in search of something other than that HFP stuff but that still looks classy.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Is it really? I researched the 8th gen (2012) accord coupe width dimension and it was the same as the 2013's dimension. Both came out to be 72.8 in.
I was thinking sedan but now that you mention it I think they also may be the same width as the 8th. I have enough trouble scraping the OEM bumper I don't want something lower lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm ready to pull the trigger on one but I'm afraid if it wouldn't fit. I just need confirmation from someone or at least some more input:dunno:

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
I'm ready to pull the trigger on one but I'm afraid if it wouldn't fit. I just need confirmation from someone or at least some more input:dunno:
You'll be the first. That's the problem here. You have the idea, but you aren't willing to try it. Just do it and see what happens.

That's what I did with the TL-AWD rear sway bar. Had the idea. Tried it. It worked. Now everyone's doing it. Take a risk.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'll be the first. That's the problem here. You have the idea, but you aren't willing to try it. Just do it and see what happens.

That's what I did with the TL-AWD rear sway bar. Had the idea. Tried it. It worked. Now everyone's doing it. Take a risk.
Who says I wasn't willing? I'm not going to waste money on something thats not going to work.

·
KuruptAccord
83 Posts
Your not "willing" to be the test dummy

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Who says I wasn't willing? I'm not going to waste money on something thats not going to work.
Waste money? You can always sell it if it doesn't work.:dunno:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kind of getting off topic on this thread. Anyways, don't chime in if your post won't be useful to myself and others that are discussing over the sti lip. Not here to flame, here for discussion. :banana:

·
Registered
322 Posts
someone bought one, and it didnt fit. Quick search will bring it up. Not to mention the Sti lip doesnt fit on the 8th gens, i believe some actually had to heat theirs up stretch along the sides, which was still about 1-2 inches short.

Also you're not a test dummy. If the product doesnt fit you can simply return it, and get your money back. Only money lost is shipping.

-Goodluck

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
If you want to retrofit a lip from a different car, the best thing you can do is measure the other cars front bumper length and width.

Or just get a custom piece made from APR.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts