Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the stick-on wheel weights go anywhere in the wheel well? Mine are currently mounted on the wheel where the caliper sits and they rub against the caliper when the wheel rotates. I found some for cheap on ebay and was just going to install new ones a couple of inches farther into the wheel well but wasn't sure if that would throw off the wheel balance or not.

·
Banned
578 Posts
Can the stick-on wheel weights go anywhere in the wheel well? Mine are currently mounted on the wheel where the caliper sits and they rub against the caliper when the wheel rotates. I found some for cheap on ebay and was just going to install new ones a couple of inches farther into the wheel well but wasn't sure if that would throw off the wheel balance or not.
Cant answer your question directly, because I learned out Accord (OEM) wheels are made for a specific clip on style weight. (FN and FNX).

And you may have found another good reason stick-ons arent used by dealers in my area. Lack of clearance...

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"To balance a wheel, the technician will mount it on a balancing machine which spins the wheel to locate the heavier part. He will then compensate for the heavy part by attaching a lead weight on the opposite side. Many people are pleasantly surprised at how smooth their car drives after balancing all four wheels."

As long as the weights aren't moved up or down, but only left or right, I wouldn't think it would throw the balance off. Guess I'll just have to test it out and see.

·
Banned
578 Posts
"To balance a wheel, the technician will mount it on a balancing machine which spins the wheel to locate the heavier part. He will then compensate for the heavy part by attaching a lead weight on the opposite side. Many people are pleasantly surprised at how smooth their car drives after balancing all four wheels."

As long as the weights aren't moved up or down, but only left or right, I wouldn't think it would throw the balance off. Guess I'll just have to test it out and see.
Left/Right (Inner/Outter) placement is part of the dynamic balence of the tire/wheel.

But who knows...you may get lucky and not feel any difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts