Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Brawndo - W/ Eloctrolytes
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, New to the forum... very informative place.

I have an 8th gen Sedan EX.
I need some thoughts on what to match up with some koni yellows.
I need some springs that will retain stock ride height, but that will be stiffer than stock.

Any thoughts on what would work well? I've seen that folks with the H&R "oem" sports are softer than the stocks, so I'm hoping there's some good knowledge out there on what will work well, to keep stock ride height with a stiffer spring: I'm trying to avoid the need for after market alignment kits.

thanks! :smile

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you aren't lowering or raising the car you won't need any camber equipment. To my knowledge there aren't any aftermRket springs that don't also adjust the ride height(lower) the car. There are some springs that only lower it a little in the neighborhood of an inch or so. Why does it have to be stock ride height?

·
Registered
615 Posts
OP probably has an issue with bad roads combined with lousy winters, cause that's why I haven't lowered my car either. I plan to get the Koni FSDs next spring instead of the yellows because I'm not lowering the car and I hear the ride is much better.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
I'm sure eibach can probably do a spring in whatever spring rate / height configuration you want, but it's going to cost $$$.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response guys...

I would rather not lower the car, because as someone mentioned the roads im on aren't all that great... but also because I would rather not buy alignment kits to get the wheels back to spec. I don't live hella fatlace, and I was just looking for better response than the stock minivan feel, without low society.

Thanks!

·
Registered
745 Posts
An inch lower will not require a camber kit. The hfp suspension is a 1 inch drop and you don't need camber correction with it per Honda. Going down an inch with the right spring rate and konis over oem stuff I'm sure the ride would be just fine not harsh at all. Just a thought because I really don't think you will find aftermarket springs that don't lower the car.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks 2012...

At least on mine, I almost need a kit to fix rear neg. camber with stock gear, because I'm getting inside wear.

I'll see what I can find.

Thanks everybody.

·
All my wats
90 Posts
I have Yellows with Eibach Sportline springs, but I'm lowered about 2" with the springs on the lower perch. The upper perch will raise it 1/2".

Ground Control makes coilover sleeves for the 8th Gens using Eibach springs...at $430 a set. They would be stiffer but you could raise the car to stock height.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Use the Koni yellows on the highest perch and Tein H-tech springs. The Tein H-tech springs lower the front 1.1 inchs and the rear .8 inchs. The konis on the highest perch raises the car 15MM, which is roughly .6 inchs, so when you're done it'll drop your front .5 inches and the rear .2 inches, which will be barely noticeable.

·
All my wats
90 Posts
Use the Koni yellows on the highest perch and Tein H-tech springs. The Tein H-tech springs lower the front 1.1 inchs and the rear .8 inchs. The konis on the highest perch raises the car 15MM, which is roughly .6 inchs, so when you're done it'll drop your front .5 inches and the rear .2 inches, which will be barely noticeable.
The top perch is the default height, the lower perch is to get that extra 15mm closer to the ground.

Source: Installed the rear struts in my car on the top perch and the fronts in the lower at the same time. The rear was lowered the quoted amount by Eibach, 1.4" or something close to that.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The top perch is the default height, the lower perch is to get that extra 15mm closer to the ground.

Source: Installed the rear struts in my car on the top perch and the fronts in the lower at the same time. The rear was lowered the quoted amount by Eibach, 1.4" or something close to that.
You're right, my bad. Springs with the least amount of a drop would have been the Tein H-techs. Put the Konis on the softest setting and they'll feel like a stock ride.

·
Low Gear
2,934 Posts
Don't let the H-Tech spring numbers fool you. Everyone who uses them report that the end result is lower than what Tein claim. At least for the 8th gen/TSX.

Not saying it won't look good. It does.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,959 Posts
While you're at it, throw in a 22mm RSB. You'd have a tight, flat ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts