Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe the amount of BS involved to get the driver side headlight adjusted with a screwdriver. I got the passenger side done right after I put in my HIDs and fogs. The driver side, well its been 2 months now and still hasnt been done cause I cant access it!!!

Last night I tried sticking a long screwdriver down there with an ext bar and the damn thing wouldnt lock onto the nut crevices. Now the ridges on mine are getting worn out.

I figured if I took out the battery that would give me more room. Nope. Because theres a disc like shape piece of black plastic thats mounted and clipped to the inner fender. I took off every nut and bolt and the damn plastic piece wouldnt come off cause it was clipped super tight to a tiny hole in the fender. I cant believe the amount of BS involved just to get this thing adjusted! I was so pissed off after an hour and a half that I was about to take the battery and smash it on the sidewalk!!!

Thank you HOnda for making something SO SIMPLE, so much work! I dont even know wtf to do anymore. This is complete BS.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
I cannot believe the amount of BS involved to get the driver side headlight adjusted with a screwdriver. I got the passenger side done right after I put in my HIDs and fogs. The driver side, well its been 2 months now and still hasnt been done cause I cant access it!!!

Last night I tried sticking a long screwdriver down there with an ext bar and the damn thing wouldnt lock onto the nut crevices. Now the ridges on mine are getting worn out.

I figured if I took out the battery that would give me more room. Nope. Because theres a disc like shape piece of black plastic thats mounted and clipped to the inner fender. I took off every nut and bolt and the damn plastic piece wouldnt come off cause it was clipped super tight to a tiny hole in the fender. I cant believe the amount of BS involved just to get this thing adjusted! I was so pissed off after an hour and a half that I was about to take the battery and smash it on the sidewalk!!!

Thank you HOnda for making something SO SIMPLE, so much work! I dont even know wtf to do anymore. This is complete BS.
Bought a long reach Philips screwdriver at HF for $5 and I've had no problem. Just use a flashlight to to locate the teeth and go. No sweat.

·
Running NYC
1,315 Posts
So weird people have issues with this. I can access it very easy with a long Phillips and a few turns.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well not my fault Honda decided to put the adjustment screw in the worst place possible. Like really Honda? I even took the whole ****** battery out and still couldnt get to it.

**** Honda!

Bought a long reach Philips screwdriver at HF for $5 and I've had no problem. Just use a flashlight to to locate the teeth and go. No sweat.
I know where the teeth are. I went and bought the longest phillips I could find and even bought a damn extension bar.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i guess I'll be the first to say it...operator error. Now it's in a bad spot it's toght I'll give you that. But I had no trouble getting on it with a flat head screwdriver. Just keep trying man.

Reactions: infinite012

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess I'll be the first to say it...operator error. Now it's in a bad spot it's toght I'll give you that. But I had no trouble getting on it with a flat head screwdriver. Just keep trying man.
What size flat head exactly? Cause all the ones Ive tried wouldnt even grip the teeth, let alone move it.

The longest phillips screwdrivers i could find at the store were only type 3 which are too big. I believe you need a type 2 (1 might work too) on these teeth. But all the type 2 phillips arent long enough. I went to two hardware stores and none had one long enough.

And you cant use a damn ext bar on it cause the end of the ext is too thick and doesnt allow the bit that you insert to reach the teeth. So what the hell then?! **** HONDA!!!!

This is absolute ******* BS! I almost dont even want to deal with this anymore and just settle for having one headlight since one will be shooting into the air. Like I said, **** HONDA!!!!

·
HK Moderator
14,077 Posts
Dude, stop with the swear words or you are going to be curbed. This is Drive Accord, not the rant section of your local Craigslist :( We are not your Facebook friends either.

It's a screwdriver head thing. And you are not the first owner- maybe the PO messed it up? Put away childish things and deal with it.

And a "please" and "thank you" go a long way too.

·
Registered
549 Posts
where is this screw that you can adjust? Is it on the headlight itself? Can I just take the headlight out and adjust it from there?

·
Registered
409 Posts
You can absolutely take the headlight off the car and adjust it, but that defeats the purpose of alignment. You need to have the headlight rigidly mounted to the car so you know exactly where those lights are pointed.

Here's a picture of the screwdriver I use for aiming my lights:

It's 16" long from the tip to the base of the handle. The handle adds another like 5".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts