Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this bad boy a few months ago after my 6th gens transmission went to crap. Currently at 137k miles. Very clean. Only issue is brake rotors need to be replaced and driver's side window got stuck closed after I hit a pot hole

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Rollin in FL
1,107 Posts
Congrats man! On the 6th gen, how much did the shop(s) quoted you for the transmission job? Also, the parts are dirty cheap if you are doing it DIY. So if you are a DIY fan and type of person, then the driver's side window shouldn't be an issue to replace. Brake rotators, those are bit time consuming, if this is your first time doing it. Also, that is one clean 7th gen, with the exception of that dent on the hood. You can remove that dent by pouring burning hot water (must cover the internal compnents under the hood so they won't get water damaged) and using a plunger or something similar and the dent will come off.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,895 Posts
^^ That's a new one on me! Thanks dude. OP that really is a clean lookin' Accord.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats man! On the 6th gen, how much did the shop(s) quoted you for the transmission job? Also, the parts are dirty cheap if you are doing it DIY. So if you are a DIY fan and type of person, then the driver's side window shouldn't be an issue to replace. Brake rotators, those are bit time consuming, if this is your first time doing it. Also, that is one clean 7th gen, with the exception of that dent on the hood. You can remove that dent by pouring burning hot water (must cover the internal compnents under the hood so they won't get water damaged) and using a plunger or something similar and the dent will come off.
For the transmission it was somewhere over 1k. I'm not much of a mechanic. Still young and learning so I couldn't really do it myself. I also needed an excuse to get the 7th gen cause they're my favorite out of all accords haha so why not. The car I bought for less than 2,000$.

I know how to fix the rotors but my only issue is they still have the factory screws on them and they are badly rusted. I've literally tried everything and they don't come off and I ended up ruining the heads during the process. I think my only option now is to drill them off so I just need to find the drill. Have had the new rotors sitting in the car for 2 weeks now. For the window I'm sure I'll easily figure out what it is when I got some free time.

Also thanks for the tip. Will give it a try cause that dent has always bothered me.

·
Rollin in FL
1,107 Posts
For the transmission it was somewhere over 1k. I'm not much of a mechanic. Still young and learning so I couldn't really do it myself. I also needed an excuse to get the 7th gen cause they're my favorite out of all accords haha so why not. The car I bought for less than 2,000$.

I know how to fix the rotors but my only issue is they still have the factory screws on them and they are badly rusted. I've literally tried everything and they don't come off and I ended up ruining the heads during the process. I think my only option now is to drill them off so I just need to find the drill. Have had the new rotors sitting in the car for 2 weeks now. For the window I'm sure I'll easily figure out what it is when I got some free time.

Also thanks for the tip. Will give it a try cause that dent has always bothered me.

I am young too and going to be graduating high school in May and I did few major maintenance all by myself with the help of multiple members from this forum on my 6th Gen. I do like the 7.5 Gen Accords, as the 03-05 accords don't look that great in appearance for me. Also, when you bought the car with 137k miles on it, did you saw the maintenance records on it?

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
2006 - 2007 model yrs. bring much higher prices in my area as they are more sought after. Under 2K, maybe I should stop repairing mine and look for another of the same yr.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2006 - 2007 model yrs. bring much higher prices in my area as they are more sought after. Under 2K, maybe I should stop repairing mine and look for another of the same yr.
It all depends on the situation and the people you are buying from honestly. The car was advertised for about 4k but the family really wanted to get rid of it cause they got a new car so I brought them down to half price. Plus it helps that I work as a car salesman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts