Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i have a stock 2010 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S, Taffeta White with Beige interior, and i want to add modifications. I am new to this whole scene so i would like some general information. I have about 5000 dollars ready to spend on the things i like most from input. What i want most is the exterior to look really good and for performance to be at its best. For now im willing to spend around 3000 for exterior and 2000 for performance, push or take. I have seen a lot of pictures and posts here but theres too much information for me to handle right now so i would greatly appreciate a starters direction.

Thanks in advance, StraightUp. :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Check out the Sticky'd threads. They will have a lot of useful information and pointers. Also search is your best friend. A lot of people will give you hard time for not searching things first.
I would say for exterior (in no order)...
1. Tint
-25% rear 35% front
- or whatever you prefer
2. Lower on some coils
-Megan EZ streets run for around $700, last I checked
-they have a really nice drop to get rid of the fist gap we have between our tire and fender
- I think springs are a waste of time because your struts will eventually blow and you can either get new one from honda which will cost 1k and you cant adjust the height or damper (softness or stiffness) of your ride.
3. Wheels
- I think some great wheels are
- the HFP 19s around $1000 + tires
- Varrstoen (Volk TE37 Reps) 19s for around $1000 + tires
- I would say get 19 or bigger, the 18's dont seem right in the giant wheel well
4. trunk lip spoiler
-many of the forum sponsors could get it for you for around $100
5. HID headlights
- Retros are great around $120 with shipping
- DDM were cheap but are going out of business last I heard they were around $35 bucks

... I think that would be sufficient for the exterior

As far as performance....
- I really don't think performance modifications on an i4 are worth it because the gains you will see will be very minimal, and you should have gone for a v6 if you wanted some more horsepower

I dont know much about the perfromance mods for a i4 but I guess you could get a Cold Air Intake(CAI) or Short Ram Intake (SRI), a few companies are...
- Takeda
- Fujita
- AEM
- idk prices

good luck. welcome. have fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. Just a few quick questions.. so i read the different posts on here about megan ez streets and was wondering if the levels of adjustment are proportional to the rim size i have? Im planning on getting black rims in 20's, so what adjustment would look best?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well its all your preference. some people like the car slammed, I personally like when there is no gap between the tire and the rim. If you do get 20"s and you want to lower it I would suggest getting your fenders rolled so you don't rub. But as far as the ride height being proportional to the size of your rim... I am not aware of any such thing. I have seen some ghetto cars with 22s and the car is slammed... like .25 inches from the floor. But again you will need to roll your fenders and get a camber kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What people are not understanding. That the 4cyl k24z3 is a great 4 banger but held down by the programing of the computer ........ there more power n good responsive to mods when the programing can get reflashed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts